Bad
Good

This schools is sorely lacking in technology lessons and the means to teach. These children will not be prepared for college. Where is the debate class/ no school plays/ no youth legislature .... this year the students themselves started a robotics club, and I am so proud of them. Neighboring Baldwin County gives Mac Books to all students starting in 7th grade. What needs to be done to help our children? The library is in Monroeville and not open on Saturday's, how are they to do the necessary research for their projects?

Uriah is the best school in the county. Competition is not as hard and more kids are able to participate in activities.

My oldest daughter began attending JUB in the 1st grade this year. She went to K-5 at another school and I have to say, that comparing the two, I am extremeley pleased with JUB. There are extracurricular activities galore! The younger children can choose from cheerleading, majorrette, pee-wee football, softball, baseball, etc. There was none of that to choose from at the other school. They have computer lab every day, whereas it's only offered once a week at the other school. Her DIBELS scores have been high. She scored higher that another friend of ours that is still at the other school. Last year, this friend scored higher than my daughter. Mrs. Baggett is my daughter's teacher and I think she is doing an exceptional job. I couldn't be happier! It's growing and superb! Go Bulldogs! Rorie Walker--proud parent

James, sorry you had such an unfulfilling experience. Like you, I wrangled with some of the unenlightened persons in the community. Unlike you, I found it within myself and within another sect of people the energy and propensity to make the bes of it. When I attended school at JUB , we were not scholastically recognized; we were high spirited. What I have observed in my nieces and my younger cousins is that this school has become preferred in the county for many reasons. I applaud that. I challenge you to consider that you, I, and every person that has touched the hallways has contributed to the great success of JUB today. People are now proud to say that their children attend our Blacksher. That's fantastic. Go Bulldogs!

A great school! Of course, I might be bias. My father graduated at Blacksher in the fifties. I also graduated at Blacksher in 1982. Now, my 2 children attend. I have really enjoyed watching the school prosper. Kudos to Mrs. Peavy for all her hard work in getting grants and advancing the school! There are many talented teachers and the administration is excellent as well.

I attended JUB school and graduated in 1991. I married and moved to Stokton AL with my husband. When the time came for our daughter to start school we quickly decided to return to the Goodway area, so my children could attend Blacksher. I had GREAT experiences at BHS and wanted my children to also have the opportunity to be a partof this great school. My youngest daughter will finish Kindergarden today and I am very pleased with the way her school year went. Her teacher, Mrs. Glenda English is exceptional with her students (her babies as she calls them). In my opinion J.U. Blacksher is the best school in monroe county, and they provide an excellent education for your children.

Last modified J U Blacksher School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.