Bad
Good

Posted November 12, 2013
I am a student at this school, and I am getting bullied. I told my teachers and the guidance. Nothing has been done about it. Some teachers treat us like 2nd graders

Valley High School 4

Posted May 28, 2012
I went here as a student. When I was a Senior, it was the first year that Mrs. Lynn was not principal. To say that chaos ensued would be a bit of an understatement. A lot of the teachers did not care about whether or not we learned, but there were some veteran teachers (some of who are still there, Mrs. Fryer, Coach Blackman, Mrs. Clark, Mr. Chandler, Mr. Lee, Mrs. Knox, and others; and some that aren't) who were remarkable and really shaped me to what I am today. The administration was not as strong as it could have been, but I never had trouble in the system. However, if you're not the right kind of person, it may be hard for the child to get into certain clubs.

Valley High School

Posted October 13, 2009
I was a student here and when i was in school, which was anly a few years ago there were a lot of problems with the staff. teachers, some of them do not need to even be teachers. but as i have visited the school this year i have seen a drastic change. more student and teacher interaction. the administration this year is wonderful and excellent with the kids. They are slowly but surely weeding out the bad teachers and im glad to see Mrs. Fryer is back excellent teacher . Mrs. weldon is the assistant principal and was my 7th and eith grade teacher. she was wonderful then and now being in charge, she is even better .

Valley High School 3

Posted August 29, 2008
I am a student here. They are a average school. It could be way better than it is.. There are some teachers that are great at what they do but some are just awful and you leave that class without learning anythin and thats pretty bad.. But dont get me wrong since we got our new prinpal it has changed alot and has gotten really better than what it was. Its pretty much an average school. They really foucsed more on sports.. And more parents are worried about that then academics.. But its a pretty good public school

Valley High School 5

Posted November 05, 2007
I went to Valley High as a student, and have a daughter now going. The school has really improved over the years, and has the best teachers in this area. So far I have not had any problems at the school, my daughter is only a freshman though. She is in the band and Loves it!

Posted January 05, 2006
Discipline is inconsistent and ineffective.

Valley High School 3

Posted December 17, 2005
This school has very little parent involvement and very few activities such as FFA, Science Club, Math Club. The school has minimal involvement of students with its athletic programs. I have noticed too many students roaming the halls between classes (without passes) mainly because there is no plan currently in place for this type of behavior problem. Much of the administration blames 'outside interference' for their lack of discipline in the school. The school is presently under the eye of the state for its repeated discipline negligence.

Valley High School 5

Posted September 01, 2005
I am a graduate of Valley High School. The teachers did a great job of preparing me for Auburn University where I graduated in 2000. My sister currently attends VHS and they are doing a great job with her also. Parent participation is a large key in a child development through out their school career. The teacher can only be blamed for so much.

Posted August 22, 2005
I was extremely disatisfied with there performance with my child. We moved to avoid another year.

Valley High School
501 Hwy 29, Valley, AL  36854
Last modified Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top