Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

6th grade has been one of the worst years ever. Pizitz was ranked as one of the best schools in the country, however we have yet to see why its so great. If 7th grade is not a HUGE improvement compared to this year we will be leaving the Vestavia school system. Not impressed at all.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The amount of homework is astronomical. My poor child can't do anything extra this school year because she is afraid of failing 6th grade. College students have less assigned to them academically.

We have been in the community for many years, I have to agree that racism and bullying are a present factor. We have known of many families to leave and go to Homewood, Hoover or Pelham for a more diverse/social and emotionally healthy environment. Their kids are doing well; able to participate in sports and auxiliaries without bias. At this time I am contemplating about doing the same thing. The fact that this is our first year at Pizitz is what brings me to this conclusion. Some of the staff here have no tact, compassion or respect for the students and parents of a certain shade of skin. I personally haven't experienced it at this level until we got to Pizitz.. I pray that this review is not recieved as negative but accepted as a pardon for improvement at Pizitz and the community as a whole.

I am going to have to agree with some of the negative reviews. As someone who attended Pizitz, I am appalled at how the former principal and teachers handled bullying and racism. It's hard to believe that the "best school in America" would fail to protect children, and blame kids for being bullied. I now live in the Northern part of America, and can confidently say that Vestavia Hills is a questionable place to live. It may be wealthy, but there's a lack of empathy and disregard for the emotional health of kids. Pizitz Middle School needs to work on keeping kids safe and respected. The faculty needs to be educated on bullying and abuse of kids.

Best Middle School in America!! I love being apart of such an awesome faculty! Their professionalism and creativity helps me grow to become a better teacher everyday. My principal has his heart in his work and it really shows on a daily basis.

There's a serious bullying issue. I have been extremely bullied and many of my friends have had unspeakable acts of bullying happen to them at Pizitz. I would not recommend this school.

Great school! Great teachers! I would recommend this school to anyone that wants better education

Either Pizitz has changed drastically over the years, or nobody has the guts to point out the schools' flaws. When I was at this school years ago, Pizitz was known as being one of the snobbiest and meanest schools. Sure, the education is great...but read along about what it was like during the 90's. Years ago, this place had a bullying problem that nobody did anything about. The principal mainly cared about the school's reputation and how "things looked" on the outside. He may present himself as well, but his behavior back then wasn't something an ethical adult would do. Everything negative was swept under the rug. If you stood up for yourself to object to the problems within the school, you weren't heard. Pizitz preaches conformity, while other schools in America encourage individuality. Since many of the students come from wealthy families, it's no surprise to encounter their rotten attitudes. Sure, there are SOME nice students....but the ones I went to school with were some of the most sadistic and ignorant kids I've met. Sadly, these kids are the ones who Mr.Miles would easily let off of the hook. Hey, maybe things have changed!

The principal is the best, the food is great, and the whole school just screams character, excellence, and family. This is a place that will leave a lasting impression on your student and will shape them for success... I know it did for me. Where the Pizitz Pirates lead, others follow!

I love Piziyz Middle School! Everybody cares for each other there, and also get a great education!

Last modified Louis Pizitz Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.