Vestavia Hills, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 20, 2013
Vestavia East is AMAZING. We moved to this area just for this school district and selected East as the Elementry school we wanted our child to attend. After that, we only looked at houses zoned for this school. They have wonderful programs and really understand the individual needs of students.

Posted July 04, 2013
My kids were PR-K and KG last year, they liked this school, as I do. My daughter who is a PR-k used to cry when the school was closed. She loves her teachers. It is only one class for the pre-schoolers (3-5), and is a very good place for education and learning the good manners and attitude, they also helped me a lot with the toilet training. It also has both special needs and normal kids, which I really liked about this school. However, the pre-schoolers go for only 4.5 hours (8:00-12:30). KG is great too. Coming from Europe I felt it is a bit demanding for money, parents do pay every now and then for activities and teachers gifts, but having parents involved in so many nice and fun activitied worth it. The principal is a very nice gentleman, and so are most of the staff at VHEE. I also like the teachers and staff at the lower carpool, the ladies at the office and Ms gail the lunch lady. My son who is in KG is a special need (autistic) and he goes to Ms Horton, the speech therapist ,regularly, his speech improved dramatically over the year. Sadly we had to leave the school coz we moved to another state. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 04, 2013
We have been here for three years. My oldest son has gone through K, 1, and 2nd here. My second son has gone through K and 1st here. The PTA/community is so caring and proactive. The teachers are awesome and hardworking. The principal Dr. Mark Richardson is awesome. My boys love and respect him. I'm sad that we have to move away, and I hope we can find a comparable school where we're going.

Posted February 21, 2010
Just moved to Vestavia from Tennessee. Our kids were in private schools in TN...... Vestavia is far superior in many ways to both public and private education in TN. We could not be happier.

Posted June 11, 2008

Vestavia Hills Elementary School East 0

Posted February 04, 2008
VHEE is an exceptional school! It is a very caring school environment with dedicated faculty and administration. There is a tremendous amount of parent involvement in the school. It provides a very strong academic program and nurtures children to become caring individuals.

Posted November 01, 2007
This is our first year at VHEE. We have been very pleased. Our child came from another school where he was being labeled by the teachers. We were nervous about approaching the guidance councilor for fear that she would not hear us. I am happy to say that she took us seriously and paired our son with a wonderful teacher who is dedicated, warm, and really seems to understand children. My son trusts teachers again and has said for the first time in his life, 'Mom, I love my school.'

Posted October 03, 2007
We moved to Vestavia three years ago from another local school system. Our son was struggling in reading and not getting the help he needed. Having two school systems to compare to, Vestavia is the best choice we could have made. There are so many opportunities for children to succeed here, and I've never seen such parent involvement anywhere. The school is large, but it doesn't feel large with a very LOW teacher/student ratio. I volunteer to help out at lunch frequently, and the cafeteria is NOT in any way 'chaotic.' The teachers are all wonderful and genuinely care for our children. They have been willing and accomodating at every curve in the road. My son who is now in middle school and on honor roll. Our twins are in second grade here and reading well above their grade level. We couldn't be happier.

Vestavia Hills Elementary School East 1

Posted September 24, 2007
The school's education is fairly good, but not if your child does not reap the benefits of it. Some of the teachers there do not understand that it is more than one way to learn. So they just assume that your child is 'struggling' and they aren't as smart as the rest. Teachers also don't have enough patience for students that learn out of 'the norm.' It seems like the only way of disciplining the child is to sit them out for recess. This could be because they didnt finish their work, or for just taping someone on their shoulder, or even for someone else pushing them. It can be frustrating because I send my child there to learn, but this is also where relationships and images and so on start building. I want the teacher to have my child's best interest at heart and it seems that she doesn't.

Vestavia Hills Elementary School East 1

Posted September 24, 2007
We have had two children go through k through 3rd grade here. This school has many problems starting with the head administration.

Vestavia Hills Elementary School East
2109 Tyson Dr, Vestavia Hills, AL  35216
Last modified Vestavia Hills Elementary School East is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vestavia Hills Elementary School East Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top