PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

SDS is everything each of these reviews says it is. We are in year 2 there and just reading these reviews brought tears to my eyes. It's a special place.

Southminster Day School is the best school for elementary students in Alabama. My friend's family has children that go there, and we have been to several musical programs and Christmas Programs that are outstanding, so professional. We are supporters of the arts and we believe that a strong program like this is what is needed for children to grow into strong confident leaders as adults.

Southminster Day School has been a God-send to my family. The level of instruction is unparalleled-a classic, old-school style that doesn't neglect 21st century needs. If you want your child to truly learn and not regurgitate material-this is the place for them. Class sizes are small and staff truly cares for every child.

My son comes home everyday thanking me for sending him to Southminster. It is an amazing place! Now I understand why everyone says once you go there you never want to leave. We could not be happier with our decision.

Southminster has been a true blessing. My boys are learning so much and come home every single day with a big smile on their faces. SDS is right there among the best in the state!

This is our first year at Southminster and I could NOT be happier with our experience thus far! The teachers are WONDERFUL as well as the entire staff! My son has already learned SO much since starting kindergarten at Southminster in August. He had a good foundation with a great pre-school program, but he has still learned SO much since the beginning of the school year!

This school deserves more than five stars! I have never seen such a loving environment at any school. The academics are wonderful and the children are taught responsibility and traditional values. The music program is fabulous and the weekly Chapel services are so special. I dread the day my children graduate from this school. However, I know they will be more than prepared for wherever they go next.

Two of my children have attended Southminster. The leadership of Director, Jeanie Covin, is incredible. She is always ready to give the children a hug and encouragement for a good day as she greets them as they are being dropped off in the mornings. The teachers are all concerned and caring about each student's progress and understanding of the material being taught. It is a traditional school with traditional values that is one of the best kept secrets around.

Mrs. Covin, the director, helps to make this school a huge success. The children learn in a nuturing enviroment. THeir enrichment classes can't be beat. The Music deptartment is outstanding with Mrs. Holbert heading up the chapels, talent show, programs and plays. My child this year not only learned how to read and write music, but also starred in a Broadway extravaganza!!! Wonderful School!!!!! Wonderful Music Program!

My 9 year old had attended since 4-k and now my 4yr old is starting. This is a wonderful school! The principal knows each child by name and looks at and writes comments on every report card! She knows how each child is doing academically. My shy, oldest child has built confidence and feels like her teachers really care about her. We love this school.

Last modified Southminster Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5