Wadley, AL

Posted January 07, 2010
A wonderful school. Most of the faculty and staff will go out of their way to help students. The new counselor this year is wonderful and so much better than what we had before. The school leadership could definately be more cooperative. The principal does not treat everyone equal and talks down to parents at times.

Posted August 18, 2008
Since my last post in April 2006 things have greatly changed. The school has a great principal and assistant principal that put the needs of the children first. They, along with 95% of the teachers, put the children and their leanring first. The counselor is now gone and a new one is in place. He was previously a teacher at WHS and I know he knows what scholarships are and how to obtain them.

Posted May 07, 2008
My daughter attended WHS and we loved it. The teachers were wonderful with the kids. The office staff may have been busy, but always found time for each student and parent. The school is set for grades K through 12 so that eliminates the stress of beginning at a new school for the kids.

Wadley High School 3

Posted December 01, 2006
I think the teachers are good. We need funds and we need them BAD!!! Also some evaluation of the classrooms would be good. I am concerned that my child is behind.

Posted April 18, 2006
Good Points: Small school where everyone knows everyone, safe school with no violence or gangs, some qualified teachers that know how to teach and seem to enjoy it, a lot of parent involvement, Asst Principal, Math teacher(Cooper), English teacher(Sparks) Bad Points: No money for necessities, county gives money to larger schools and Wadley is usually left out, there are times when children have to share books because there is not enough to go around, no money for needed teachers, the only foreign language offered is taught on-line, some teachers wouldn't know how to teach a dead dog to lie still, counselor has no clue what a scholarship is or how to apply for one, principal that is probably ready to retire

Wadley High School 3

Posted April 12, 2006
For the most part I am very happy with Wadley High School. I know that most of the classes are filled to overflowing but I do wish that they would take a more one on one with the students that need that extra help.

Posted July 10, 2005
I feel very safe with my children going to WHS. I do wish they had more to offer to the children (MUSIC). The school lacks alot of programs that I feel would be helpful for the children BUT overall is a wonderful school that a child can start in and finish in. LOVE YA Wadley and GO BULLDOGS!!

Posted April 05, 2005
Wadley High School is a safe, family environment for children to spend their school years in. Extra curricular activities are moderately limited in this rural school, but the entire community supports the activities that are available. Wadley High School is very strong in academics,especially in its Math department. Also a winning tradition in football. As a parent who is involved in the school, I have always been made to feel important and that my opinions count. Teachers treat parents with respect and are cooperative. Of course, there are always parents who are hard to work with and communicate with. This is a small,caring community school where we take care of each other. Assistant principal is extremely valuable to this school.

Posted October 11, 2004
October 2004 We are a small school and we do have some issues to deal with but overall we have a great school. We are in desperate need of money in order to provide resources to make our school better, but what school isn't? We have highly qualified teachers who genuinely care about the students they teach. Our school is a safe environment where students don't have to be afraid to come to school. I have raised 3 children in Wadley High School and hope to see my grandchildren here.

Wadley High School 2

Posted October 08, 2003
The administration could use a major 'house cleaning' with only one that is performing his duties well, the assistant principal most positive thing going for the school at this time. The classrooms are extremely overcrowded in the elementary grades. 35 in the 5th grade room! Parents have been made to feel as if they have no say in what goes on. Infact, most refuse to say anything. The school is in desperate need of $$$. And if this isn't bad enough, the county is useless! I've never in my life had to deal w/ such.

105 Bailey St, Wadley, AL  36276
Last modified Wadley High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wadley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top