Wetumpka, AL

Wetumpka Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2013
I am very dissatisfied with this school. While most of the teachers seem wonderful, the administration leaves something to be desired. The entire school seems to be suffering from a bad attitude among the leaders.

Wetumpka Elementary School 2

Posted October 29, 2012
I have two kids in school and I am not as pleased as I was last year. My son has emotional issues from being abused by his father plus our difficulty with finances and having to move around a lot. when we came last year, the teacher never reported a problem. This year his teacher has nothing but negative feedback yet she doesn't take the time he needs to understand new concepts. For my daughter, I requested a nice teacher as she is in Kindergarten. They gave her the loudest rudest kindergarten teacher I have ever met. She teases the kids more than the kids tease each other! She tells my daughter she won't get to do this or that if she forgets her folder, which wow she is 5, give her a break. No direct communication from her at all! She completely ignored my questions about if her talking so loud is due to hearing loss. Meals are disgusting and they refuse to provide alternatives to foods we don't eat. Bus rides are bad and depending on who you are depends on if you are corrected! My kids have been sick with school excuses and the office and v. principle still have an attitude! There is always another reason for teachers to charge "fees". Private school - here we come!

Wetumpka Elementary School 2

Posted January 05, 2012
My child attended 3 elementary schools before coming to Wetumpka. These were schools in large cities, I had small complaints about those but nothing that could not be overcome. Then came Wetumpka Elementary. Oh boy. the teacher does not give homework a lot, if she does it's "coloring pages" - and my child is in 4th grade. When explaining difficult math ideas, she rushes and does not care a lot of kids have no clue what she is talking about. Kids steal each other's lunches while teacher is in the classroom. Kids call each other gay (out loud in mocking manner) while teacher is there, and she pretends she did not hear it. Next, PE classes are terrible, games that promote kitting each other are on every day basis, this never happened in all other places we have been to. Next, lack of organizational skills: in the morning it's just one chaos. Lots of parents just block the passage by walking their kids from parking lot. Room mothers non existent, I don't know anything about the principal...

Wetumpka Elementary School 0

Posted August 27, 2008
We just started WES this year. We are on our third week. My child is in kindergarten and had a difficult time adjusting to the new environment - many tears. My child does not take well to change. Even I broke down once and the guidance counselor was right there. But his teacher has been very patient. She came up with a great idea and it worked this week. So no more tears. So far we are pleased with the class and activities. Our child likes his teacher, coach, etc. Also the safety factor seems to be on high.

Posted July 28, 2008

Wetumpka Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2007

Posted May 17, 2007
My daughter has completed grades 1-3 at WES, and we are very pleased. We were able to request her teachers each year and first request was approved. The school is very safe and strictly enforces rules for safety. The reading program is excellent. Problems between students are quickly addressed and resolved. The counselors are concerned and involved. The PE program has great coaches, and the children participate in organized exercises as well as games. The office staff is most courteous and helpful. My daughter has received a great education here, and I never felt the need to try a private-school education. WES has a Clown Troupe that my daughter participated in for two years. The art and crafts she did in class helped replace the lack of a dedicated art teacher that no longer exists in most public schools. WES also provides extra after-school activities during the year.

Posted May 05, 2007
- a former student

Wetumpka Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2007
Wetumpka Elementary is a large school with over 1,000 kindergarten through third grade students. The teachers offer special extra activities such as chorus, clown troupe, and student council for 3rd graders. The level of parent involvement in the PTO is high. My child has been happy here and is in a class of like-ability students. His teacher, Mrs. Horn, has gone above and beyond average instruction and has taught to the high ability of this year's class. The administration allows parents to request their top 6 choices for their child's teacher the next year. This is great as long as you get in a room with a teacher who was everyone else's top choice. If you don't, you may be in for a long year. Overall, this is a good school.

Wetumpka Elementary School
510 Micanopy St, Wetumpka, AL  36092
Last modified Wetumpka Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wetumpka Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top