Wilsonville, AL

Posted April 03, 2014
Moved my child from a public school that is not Shelby County but around the area( I do not want to bash a school specifically) halfway through his freshman year. I found him unhappy at the public school, he had good grades but would constantly complain about the teachers and coaches and he even told me that HE wanted to be in a Christian environment. I was stunned and it was a hard decision but it was the best decision I've made involving my child's education yet. I have seen him lead more in church and in general and pursue his dreams and goals for college preparation. The teachers really take time with the children and not only teaches, but helps them understand. He is a junior now and has already scored a 28 on his ACT! He has definitely been prepared and ready for the rest of his schooling in college and career throws at him! I'm so thankful my son stood up when he felt he needed a change and God lead us to Cornerstone! SUCH A BLESSING!!!

Posted October 16, 2012
This school is such a blessing to our family - we could not be more happy here. Our child is in second grade this year and he is doing wonderfully here and thriving in his classroom. I am sorry to have to disagree with previous poster - these children are not doing kindergarten level work. They are doing fractions and multiplication in math, phonics, history, and cursive writing. I was surprised that they were learing cursive writing in just second grade! And my child is doing quite well with it, too. We love it here! Would definitely recommend to anyone who is considering this school for their child's education.

Cornerstone Christian School 3

Posted October 03, 2012
This is my child's 5th year at Cornerstone. We have been so blessed to have wonderful teachers. This is his 2nd grade year and more often than not he comes home frustrated because they are doing kindergarten level work. He loves to learn and is not enjoying this year as he has in the past. I have expressed my concerns to the headmaster with no response from him. I plan to send my child back to Cornerstone next year because I know the teacher has a great reputation. I am considering home schooling for the rest of this year. I cannot get out of my financial commitment, but maybe I can alleviate some stress for me and my child since I'm already teaching him the things he's not getting at school AND taking him to school.

Posted July 21, 2008
My 3 grandchildren are blessed to be at Cornerstone! This is truly a Christian school and the faculty and staff are outstanding. Spiritual leadership and academic excellence in a college prep school where a family atmosphere fosters a superb learning environment.

Cornerstone Christian School 0

Posted March 12, 2008
This is a very awesome school. They do awesome things for our us.

Cornerstone Christian School 0

Posted July 16, 2007
Two of my children have graduated CCS. One of those has now graduated college and the other is in college. Although I believe my kids would have been successful in life, CCS brought my children to another level through the academic, spiritual and social development that they nurtured. This is a GREAT place to educate your children!

Posted February 28, 2007
- a former student
I am a Cornerstone Alumni. Looking back on my days at CCS, I have nothing but positive things to say about school there. Not only was the education I recieved there excellent, the learning atmosphere and the Godly invironment helped me to strenghen my knowledge of the Bible and my relationship with Christ. The people at Cornerstone not only care about your mental growth, they care about your spiritual growth as well. The acedemic programs I was involved in were active in the community. The art program (Led by the amazing Mrs. Evanachko) was fantastic. Many extra-curricular activities are available there. The parents there are very involved in the class, and everyone does their share to make it a wonderful community. I wouldn't trade my days spent there for the world.

Posted March 29, 2006
My child came to Cornerstone Christian School in K-5 and is now in the 6th grade. We LOVE Cornerstone. It has helped my child grow closer to God and she asked Christ in her heart when she was in the 3rd grade. The teachers, staff and headmaster are not afraid to talk openly about God and what he has done in their lives and they CARE about the students. My child has also maintaned A B Honor Roll since K-5 and she is now old enough to play sports for the school. She loves her coaches and knows that they are always there for her no matter what.(they pray with these kids before,during and after EACH practice and game.) What more could you want for your child!!!! As far as parent involvement, they love for parents to help out in any way possible.

Posted February 17, 2006
My grandchild has been in Cornerstone Christian School seven years and it has been an outstanding experience. CCS exemplifies the highest quality education in a Christ-centered environment.The faculty and staff at all levels are caring and professional. Best kept secret in Alabama's fastest growing county is Cornerstone Christian School!

Posted September 29, 2004
Cornerstone is a great school. My child has been going here since the school first opened up, she started in k4. I have never had any problems with my child's teachers or anything else that has to do with school.

Cornerstone Christian School
24975 Highway 25, Wilsonville, AL  35186
Last modified Cornerstone Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cornerstone Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top