PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Moved my child from a public school that is not Shelby County but around the area( I do not want to bash a school specifically) halfway through his freshman year. I found him unhappy at the public school, he had good grades but would constantly complain about the teachers and coaches and he even told me that HE wanted to be in a Christian environment. I was stunned and it was a hard decision but it was the best decision I've made involving my child's education yet. I have seen him lead more in church and in general and pursue his dreams and goals for college preparation. The teachers really take time with the children and not only teaches, but helps them understand. He is a junior now and has already scored a 28 on his ACT! He has definitely been prepared and ready for the rest of his schooling in college and career throws at him! I'm so thankful my son stood up when he felt he needed a change and God lead us to Cornerstone! SUCH A BLESSING!!!

This school is such a blessing to our family - we could not be more happy here. Our child is in second grade this year and he is doing wonderfully here and thriving in his classroom. I am sorry to have to disagree with previous poster - these children are not doing kindergarten level work. They are doing fractions and multiplication in math, phonics, history, and cursive writing. I was surprised that they were learing cursive writing in just second grade! And my child is doing quite well with it, too. We love it here! Would definitely recommend to anyone who is considering this school for their child's education.

This is my child's 5th year at Cornerstone. We have been so blessed to have wonderful teachers. This is his 2nd grade year and more often than not he comes home frustrated because they are doing kindergarten level work. He loves to learn and is not enjoying this year as he has in the past. I have expressed my concerns to the headmaster with no response from him. I plan to send my child back to Cornerstone next year because I know the teacher has a great reputation. I am considering home schooling for the rest of this year. I cannot get out of my financial commitment, but maybe I can alleviate some stress for me and my child since I'm already teaching him the things he's not getting at school AND taking him to school.

My 3 grandchildren are blessed to be at Cornerstone! This is truly a Christian school and the faculty and staff are outstanding. Spiritual leadership and academic excellence in a college prep school where a family atmosphere fosters a superb learning environment.

This is a very awesome school. They do awesome things for our us.

Two of my children have graduated CCS. One of those has now graduated college and the other is in college. Although I believe my kids would have been successful in life, CCS brought my children to another level through the academic, spiritual and social development that they nurtured. This is a GREAT place to educate your children!

I am a Cornerstone Alumni. Looking back on my days at CCS, I have nothing but positive things to say about school there. Not only was the education I recieved there excellent, the learning atmosphere and the Godly invironment helped me to strenghen my knowledge of the Bible and my relationship with Christ. The people at Cornerstone not only care about your mental growth, they care about your spiritual growth as well. The acedemic programs I was involved in were active in the community. The art program (Led by the amazing Mrs. Evanachko) was fantastic. Many extra-curricular activities are available there. The parents there are very involved in the class, and everyone does their share to make it a wonderful community. I wouldn't trade my days spent there for the world.

Last modified Cornerstone Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12