Posted March 14, 2014
Sports are very good! Teachers K-3 + a few more, +a couple of High school teachers are very passionate & helpful. Actually a handful are there for the right reasons while others are there to collect a check. A principal who the students love, but teachers run right over him with no discipline or consequences. However, elementary principal is very firm & follows thru. The other leaders is a joke. You have meetings with them all year, they make promises to help your child, nothing ever gets done. You meet with the Superitdent several times, he could care less if his teachers are breaking state laws. No one has ever followed thru with holding any of these people accountable to their actions. Well , it is a new day coming 4 them. The Bible states what sorrow awaits those you mistreat a child. Vengeance belongs to the Lord. However God does give us common knowledge, a knock at the door for wisdom, & love for our children. If your child as a special need of ADHD or a learning disability, do not choose this school. I promise it's not worth the drive or the tears. Even with ADAP involved they could care less.

Posted September 06, 2013
I THINK IT IS VERY AWFUL WHEN YOU GET READY TO WALK INTO THE SCHOOL THEY HAVE A TOBACCO FREE SIGN UP WELL THEY HAVE THIS UP THEN WHY IS THE SCHOOL NURSE OUTSIDE SMOKING IN THE LOWER LEVEL PARKING LOT THEY NEED TO FOLLOW THE RULES JUST LIKE THE STUDENTS DO AND SHE DOES NOT NEED TO BE WORKING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodland High School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
WHS is a great school. I have 1 child who has graduated from WHS and two more currently attending this school. The teachers here are very knowledgeable and most of them are very caring. As with any school there is always room for improvement. However, I do believe the staff and facility are among the best anywhere. I've had very few problems with WHS in all the years I've dealt with them. That includes ALL the years I attended the school add well as my children. And I've never had a problem that was not settled to my satisfaction. If people are not happy with this school maybe they should try to help with improvements. Sometimes others don't realize there is a problem with something until it is brought to their attention. Last but not least, if this school is so bad, why does the BOE have to constantly be on guard to make sure ppl are adhering to the correct school zone rules. People will actually buy or rent (or even lie) another property just so their children can attend our school. I LOVE and support WOODLAND HIGH SCHOOL, and think it's the best anywhere round. GO BOBCATS (SR 1990)

Posted May 04, 2012
I currently attend WHS and personally think that it's a horrible place to attend school. Bullying is a major problem here. If a student tries to get help they are blown off by administrators. If I had another choice I would not attend this school.

Woodland High School 2

Posted February 12, 2011
Woodland High School is a great school for the student that doesn't wish to leave the area. It instills a great sense of community early on, but doesn't promote growth and change. In the twelve years that I attended WHS, very little positive change occurred. It's a school stuck in the mindset of the 1950s. I have to say that the faculty were always very nice and helpful, but not very good at teaching students to excel. Woodland does well with sub-par academics and a greater focus on athletics--football in particular. If you're looking for a good learning environment and academic opportunities for your child, I suggest you enroll them in a different school.

Woodland High School 3

Posted December 17, 2010
there is always improvement at any school, but most importantly the majority of students need to be in learning mode instead of being of social & popularity status & the faculty could be more to teaching instead of just pass the student on down the line. ,Woodland School has always a reputation of being the best school of this system, if a 3 rating is any comparision this school has, well there you go, improving in ALL areas...listen parents & school leadership.

Posted July 09, 2009
It is absolutely appalling how bad the education level is at Woodland High School. Though there are some teachers that care, most don't care about the student, they care about there image. At WHS its who you know not what you know. If you are a member of the right family then your set. TOO much empasis is placed on sports. They need a better balance of funding for sports and arts (as in the Marching Band). Before I graduated, the band had there practice field ripped away from them. The football team takes most of the priority around Woodland. Finally the advanced program though it is 'a so called rigourous program,' does not get one prepared for college. I don't reccommend this school to anyone its trash.

Woodland High School 0

Posted March 09, 2009
This school is in desperate need of some help. My son attended this school and he is a slow learner. Instead of trying to teach him to read they read it to him. How is that helping him? Now that he is out he struggles in reading, spelling and writing.

Woodland High School 2

Posted November 07, 2008
The education these students are learning is inadequate. Half of them can barely read or write. This is a school I withdrew my children from quickly.

Woodland High School 5

Posted July 11, 2008

Woodland High School
24574 Hwy 48, Woodland, AL  36280
Last modified Woodland High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top