Bad
Good

My child loves going to school here. He feels special and really loves every aspect of his learning. The teachers are very supportive to his learning style. The administrator has set the school up with a dedicated group of teachers who work very hard and care about the children. Decisions are made based on learning needs and teachers use best practices. I have experienced other schools in Anchorage and I am so happy my children go to this top-rated school now.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers care about students at this school. They go out of their way to make sure students are learning at their level.

Great school...poor leadership. I'm glad I don't work there. Sad actually. The staff seems edgy and burned out mid year which bleeds over to our children. Heidi should not be working with children.

Leadership is void of compassion and lacks a human touch. See below - Friends of the Power's family, Thank you for your continued support of the family. However, I have been told and asked to let everyone know that asking for donations and fundraising should not be taking place via school district email. Going forward, please use personal email accounts in this effort. Thank you for complying with district protocols. Heidi Packer Principal Bayshore Elementary 907 742-5360

My child no longer attends Bayshore Elementary, but did for half of his first grade year. Unfortunately they did not challenge him at all. He was labeled as an unmotivated learner, but he was actually just extremely bored. Like all of the public schools in Anchorage, they cater to the bottom of half of the learning spectrum, trying to get kids up to standard. However, if you're a smart child on the other end of the spectrum, you're left to sit there and wait for your classmates to finish their work. His teacher had no desire to give him more challenging work, and although he qualified for the Ignite program, that's only once a week for 2-3 hours. The rest of the time he would have still been bored in his classroom. So, we switched to a private school and I'm thrilled to say that he's thriving! For us, it was worth the cutbacks we made to pay for private school because if the love for learning isn't instilled in a child at a young age, it never will be. This was our experience with Bayshore in particular, however, it's sad that every public school in Anchorage is failing to challenge our children.

I am not a parent, but i am a student who has just moved in here from Middletown, Maryland.I think Bayshore Elementary would be average. I like the events and curriculum and all that, but i think the school can improve the staff. That would really help. Most of the other reasons are unexplainable. But the thing i really dislike about this school is... Bullying! I have bullied every week by certain students, which i will not state the name of. I think this school is great, but overall, it could use some improvement.

I have had 2 children at Bayshore and have found it to be an excellent, community-based school where all learning styles, interests, abilities and cultures are embraced. The 6th grade middle-school model was a big benefit to the kids in preparing them for rotating classes, locker use and different teaching styles in middle school Family involvement is encouraged and is a hallmark of this school that makes everyone feel welcome.

i absolutely love this school .. my husband and brother in law attended this school as well as our cousins and now our son is here ! he loves it and we love the teachers as well !

Last modified Bayshore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.