Bayshore Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2014
Great school...poor leadership. I'm glad I don't work there. Sad actually. The staff seems edgy and burned out mid year which bleeds over to our children. Heidi should not be working with children.

Bayshore Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2014
Leadership is void of compassion and lacks a human touch. See below - Friends of the Power's family, Thank you for your continued support of the family. However, I have been told and asked to let everyone know that asking for donations and fundraising should not be taking place via school district email. Going forward, please use personal email accounts in this effort. Thank you for complying with district protocols. Heidi Packer Principal Bayshore Elementary 907 742-5360

Bayshore Elementary School 2

Posted March 05, 2014
My child no longer attends Bayshore Elementary, but did for half of his first grade year. Unfortunately they did not challenge him at all. He was labeled as an unmotivated learner, but he was actually just extremely bored. Like all of the public schools in Anchorage, they cater to the bottom of half of the learning spectrum, trying to get kids up to standard. However, if you're a smart child on the other end of the spectrum, you're left to sit there and wait for your classmates to finish their work. His teacher had no desire to give him more challenging work, and although he qualified for the Ignite program, that's only once a week for 2-3 hours. The rest of the time he would have still been bored in his classroom. So, we switched to a private school and I'm thrilled to say that he's thriving! For us, it was worth the cutbacks we made to pay for private school because if the love for learning isn't instilled in a child at a young age, it never will be. This was our experience with Bayshore in particular, however, it's sad that every public school in Anchorage is failing to challenge our children.

Bayshore Elementary School 3

Posted January 18, 2014
I am not a parent, but i am a student who has just moved in here from Middletown, Maryland.I think Bayshore Elementary would be average. I like the events and curriculum and all that, but i think the school can improve the staff. That would really help. Most of the other reasons are unexplainable. But the thing i really dislike about this school is... Bullying! I have bullied every week by certain students, which i will not state the name of. I think this school is great, but overall, it could use some improvement.

Posted July 31, 2008

Bayshore Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2008
I have had 2 children at Bayshore and have found it to be an excellent, community-based school where all learning styles, interests, abilities and cultures are embraced. The 6th grade middle-school model was a big benefit to the kids in preparing them for rotating classes, locker use and different teaching styles in middle school Family involvement is encouraged and is a hallmark of this school that makes everyone feel welcome.

Bayshore Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2008
i absolutely love this school .. my husband and brother in law attended this school as well as our cousins and now our son is here ! he loves it and we love the teachers as well !

Posted November 19, 2005
Not as a parent but as a student who attended this school 6 years ago, I must say it is a very educational and fun learning environment. I now live on the east coast and the schools in Anchorage are more advanced than in the lower 48. When I moved here I was ahead of the classes I was in. It is the best school and I highly recommend the Baysore community if you are looking to move to Anchorage.

Posted September 05, 2005
This is a wonderful school. Teacher meet high standards. The quality of the academic programs is excellent. Music, art sport and others activities are part of the curriculum. This is one of the schools in Anchorage with a really high level of parent involvement.

Posted May 13, 2004
My son really enjoyed Bayshore. The teachers kept us informed and encouraged parent involvement. The Bayshore staff prepared my son for the transition to Middle School and currently my son is an Honor Student because of their efforts. I would recommend this school to new residents of Anchorage.

Bayshore Elementary School
10500 Bayshore Dr, Anchorage, AK  99515
Last modified Bayshore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bayshore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top