Anchorage, AK

Posted April 29, 2014
Central middle school is a hardworking school serving a varied student population from the rich to middle class. My 2 boys went there and learned a great deal. They loved going to school even though it was challenging in the gifted classes. I have to say my oldest had a much easier transition into High School because Central teachers had higher expectations than what he experienced at Eagle River High. Don't judged Central for its dated building. The teachers there are spectacular, work way past normal hours and seem to love what they so.

Posted January 25, 2014
My child's teachers and counselors were always willing to meet with us and consider what was best for her in a collaborative process. My child thrived in this environment more than any other school she has attended in the district. You can tell the staff really cares about the success of the children here. Also very impressed with the quality of coaching for after school events, specifically track, XC skiing and XC running.

Posted May 03, 2010
Fabulous school, connected staff, my gifted kid had the most complete middle school education I could ask for! Don't let your middle schooler miss out!

Central Middle School Of Science 1

Posted April 04, 2010
I guess this school has changed a lot since 07 because my daughter use to attend Central and it is a terrible school. The Staff is unaware of what goes on and the security is focused on issues that are small and overlook large ones. I wish she had gone in 07 apparently then it was fabulous. Not the case now. RUN and run far.

Central Middle School Of Science 3

Posted March 25, 2010
i am went to central middle school.... as of now i can say this is the worst school in terms of academically i have every went to.. and that is with my good grades during the time i went there. although the teachers are fun they are not up to par with the places i have been to... sorry .... to the schools reputation i guess... but woo goo mercury and kinetics...

Posted September 20, 2007
this school is the best!! i loved going there it got me ready 4 high school!! nitrogen team!

Posted November 16, 2006
i love going to Central its so much fun im on the Argon team and we go on tons of field trips to learn and to have fun!

Central Middle School Of Science 4

Posted January 17, 2006
What a great school Central is. Both of my children attented Central while we were staioned in Anchorage. You never know how good you got it till you move to another state that their education isn't as high up as the one you came from. My children both excelled while attending Central. By the way the Argon team at Cental rocks!

Posted January 25, 2005
i am spechless my child learned alot and enjoyed this school.

Posted May 17, 2004
This is a great school. Our family has moved and our children unfortunately no longer attend Central. I love the way teachers keep parents informed about everything from social functions to school work. The school is clean and bright. The teachers are outstanding. The teachers make it easy to contact them via phone,email, or scheduled visit. The teachers are concerned about your child's education. The school offers many classes in addition to core classes and a block schedule. Kids can experience many classes this way. Central is a great school. Our kids miss it everyday.

Central Middle School Of Science
1405 East St, Anchorage, AK  99501
Last modified Central Middle School Of Science is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Middle School Of Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top