Posted April 16, 2009
Denali Montessori is truly an excellent school. The school is a true community and really emphasizes the value of parent involvement and contributions. My kids are all identified as GT and the program is right in the building allowing half a day a week for extra enrichment. The kids all work at their own pace and they learn time management and how to challenge themselves. This school incorporates all types of learning experiences so the students are not doing only paper work. My kids also take the spanish classes in the mornings and are progressing daily. Every teacher at Denali is extremely dedicated being that the curriculum is adjusted for each and every student. Most of the teachers know me and all of my kids and everyone is accessible. You can drop in any time and be welcome here. This school is a village teaching children.

Posted October 17, 2008
I am thrilled with Denali. It offers children a perfect blend of independence and guidance. The atmosphere is cheerful and the facility is neat and organized. Extra-curricular activities offered include Spanish, cross-country running, computer classes, book clubs and more. The school also offers student mediation training. As a parent I always feel welcome. The school is also fairly economically and ethnically diverse as it is both a neighborhood and lottery school.

Posted April 17, 2008
I love Denali it is the best school for my children. I have a first grader and soon to be kindergartener. I love the hands on learning. My daughter is getting the best grades for someone they said would not fit into a regular classroom. After just two years in Denali she has tested out of the resource program. I know thats because of Denali. The program is to follow the child, which i love . the staff is great, I feel like every concern i have had small or big they were willing to help me. I love that i can come in my child class or any other when ever i want to be with my child during the day. I love the field trips we can go on. Just really feel like they are more then the staff at her school, but people who love her.

Posted December 19, 2007
As a staff member at Denali, I can truly attest that we are all completely and totally dedicated to the best success of each and every Denali student. It is rare in a public school to see a group of people so passionately involved in the education of all students walking through the door. I can not think of any teachers or specialists who leave at the end of their school day: almost everyone stays late or takes work home with them-- not because they are forced to, but because they truly want to put in the effort to do all they can to make sure every child has an individually-tailored educational program to achieve the utmost that they can. When walking in the halls of Denali, everyone (parents, staff, children, visitors) is enveloped in a sense of community that is rare and remarkable. It is a wonderful school!

Posted January 12, 2007
Parent involvement is highly encouraged and appreciated at Denali. The staff and principal are all very personable and knowledgeable. The principal knows most, if not all, the kids by name and is very friendly and supportive of the parents, as well as the teachers. We have watched our children thrive at Denali academically, intellectually and emotionally. Denali is a community-model where the kids all work to help each other and encourage each other. They are given an appropriate amount of independence to make their own decisions, which is often not found in traditional public schools. Here, the teachers and students work together to create an effective and productive learning environment. They also have a student mentor program and playground mediation. We have just been so impressed by this school.

Denali Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2006

Posted February 04, 2004

Posted February 04, 2004
My daughter is in Kindergarten here and is learning so much. She has come a long way thanks to the new Montessori program that is offered. The teachers and staff are wonderful.

Denali Elementary School
148 East Ninth Ave, Anchorage, AK  99501
Last modified Denali Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Denali Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top