Posted August 12, 2014
Good teachers, programs, facilities and sports programs at Dimond. Dedicated staff to work on all academics and support of the students.

Posted April 27, 2014
This is an excellent school. The staff is a remarkable set of highly gifted individuals who are committed to the students learning. These teachers challenge, focus, and most importantly, they care. You can tell that there is joy in their teaching, it is not just another job, they are not bogged down by the disappointment of not succeeding. They try and keep going, even when a classroom shuts down and all their kids are asleep. These classrooms are sanctuaries for the students. The students know they have a permanent place to be, that they are important somewhere. Teachers are dedicated and instructing even when it's their lunch time, always encouraging questions, and always filling the eager curious mind. Outside the classroom these teachers act as community members and role models, again, always delivering a positive attitude and encouraging questions. This is really a remarkable school.

Posted January 26, 2014
Best staff Great kids Go Lynx! La la la la meeting the fifteen word requirement

Dimond High School 4

Posted September 18, 2013
This school is great and most of the teachers are wonderful. The only consern I have is that the photography teacher can be a bit rude to the students, as a parent this conserns me very much. Watch out for som of the teachers and make sure your children feel safe in their classes.

Posted June 25, 2012
I moved to Anchorage not knowing anybody in the middle of the first semester of my freshmen year and I was really scared. It is a little bigger than my old school but it is way better in every way! I love it there- the teachers, the staff, my classes. Everyone there does their job to the best of their ability and are great at problem solving. Anyone who goes here would probably say the same.

Dimond High School 1

Posted November 23, 2011
Although the counselors in this school seemed to try their best; the school is simply too large to be a great school. Kids are herded through classes with little to no individual help from teachers.

Dimond High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Because they give the children a chance to travel, and other schools are always coming to Diamond for sports events. Diamond is for our children and deserve any extra help they can get for our children. After all our children are our future and we need to keep our children involved. Get them involved now and they will be involved in our community in the future.

Posted April 04, 2009
My sons attend Dimond and are doing great there, although any high school would have flaws, Dimond tends to keep it at a minimum. This school has been a great school on almost every level, I would recommend Dimond High as one of the best High Schools in the Anchorage School district wether it is academic needs, athletic, or other extra curricular activities. Keep up the Good work Dimond!

Posted May 30, 2007
- a former student
Great school, fine staff and heritage

Posted May 23, 2007
- a former student
great admin, faculty- the student body seems to get along and have school spirit, the atmosphere is condusive to education and social growth.

Dimond High School
2909 West 88th Ave, Anchorage, AK  99502
Last modified Dimond High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dimond High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top