Turnagain Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2014
I rate this school very poor the office staff is really rude. I went here as a child and loved it but My kids went there for 2 years and the only good that came from here is a great teacher named Mrs. Bond. Everything else was horrible... I Would never recommend anyone to send there kids here. Class room were understaffed and some days the kids didn't get to play out side because of it.

Posted September 27, 2010
My child began Kindergarten at Turnagain Elementary's Russian Immersion program this year (Fall 2010). I am very happy with his progress. He has no prior knowledge of Russian language, yet after only three days of school, was able to have a short conversation with me. I was amazed! I am further impressed by the MIR, Inc. Parent's Program at Turnagain- it's pretty much the PTA for the Russian Immersion program. The parents are very involved & have great ideas & strong motivation to share how wonderful the program is. My child loves school, and can't wait to go in the morning. I highly recommend Turnagain Elementary, especially their Russian Immersion Program.

Posted September 20, 2010
I have a second grader who is in the Russian Immersion Program at Turnagain Elementary. Initially, I was hesitant to enroll my student in the Russian program as our family has no ties to the Russian culture and Turnagain is not our neighborhood school. I am now so happy we took the plunge! The school is a fantastic learning environment. The teachers and staff are wonderfully open and inviting. The PTA and MIR (Russian Parent Group) are incredibly active and have done amazing things in support of the school and students. The school boasts several computer labs and has new interactive whiteboards for teaching in many of the classrooms with a plan to get all classrooms upgraded in the near future. There are also several after-school activities to include running club, robotics club, computer club and yearbook club (just to name a few few). This is a great school!

Posted September 20, 2010
The teachers and staff are very active partcipants in all of the school activities. Great parent volunteer support as well!

Posted September 16, 2010
I have 3 kids attending Turnagain Elementary School in Anchorage. We have been involved as a family in this school for over 5 years. It is a terrific positive supportive school. My kids are enrolled in the Russian Language Immersion program at this school, the first of its kind in the US. The teachers and staff are supportive of those kids learning Russian in the K-6 program as well as the students not enrolled in the language program. We have the finances personally to send our children to private school, but feel our kids are getting a top-notch quality education in a supportive environment. They are learning a 2nd language, too, which is a gift of its own. The PTA and MIR (Russian Parent group) are both great support organizations to the school and students. It's an excellent school with dedicated leaders.

Posted August 25, 2009

Turnagain Elementary School 1

Posted October 05, 2004

Turnagain Elementary School
3500 West Northern Lights Blvd, Anchorage, AK  99517
Last modified Turnagain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Turnagain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top