Bad
Good

Posted October 03, 2009
The upper classmen are always helpful and supportive to the younger students. This school creates a strong sense of community, within the school and within the local community.

Posted April 10, 2008
I am currently a freshman at Steller and I feel that it is a fantastic school. Unlike many schools where Teachers simply assume that students are going to do something wrong, Steller teachers trust that students are going to do the right thing. They respect a diversity of ideas and don't try to force them on students. The community implicitly trusts each other and Steller prepares students to think and manage themselves, which is more important than any fact they could teach.

Steller Secondary School 4

Posted June 07, 2006
I am the father of an exceptionally bright student who is entering his second year at Steller. I am teaching my sons to be respectable and to respect the rights of others. I am disappointed in the lack of moral discipline in the school, as observed in the hallways and student lounge area. The principal and teachers have a 'hand-off' attitude, they do not concern themselves with teaching proper conduct to the students.

Posted December 02, 2004
I was one of 44 people in the graduating class of 04, and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm now attending a small liberal arts college on the east coast, and I am constantly finding new ways in which I was prepared for this experience. Choosing my own classes, directing my own learning, interacting with faculty, organizing my own projects - I find my peers struggling with these tasks that were impressed upon me in my 5 years at Steller. There are downsides to the school, too, of course. There courses and faculty are somewhat limited, and it's certainly not the ideal place for students lacking motivation (though many people have found it after coming to Steller!). The students and staff are friendly and open, and interaction and support between grade levels is encouraged. Trust and honesty are integral (there are no locks on lockers). It is truly unique school.

Posted November 04, 2004
Hi. well i'm not a parent but a former student of steller secondary. I recently moved to russia and am sincerely regretting ever leaving. That school was more of a home for me, sometimes more then my own house was. I am not a overachiever or even a hard worker to an extent but i loved going to school. I woke up everyday happy because I got to go there. At Steller there is so much opportunity for whatever you want to do with you life, and the teachers. The teachers are more freinds then they are teachers. Of course we (the students) would have our disagreements with the teachers but there was not a teacher I didn't like. I'm currently attending the Anglo-American School of Moscow. It's the third most demanding international school in the world and I am now learning things i learned last year. I love Steller.

Posted July 25, 2003
I went to this school for the 2001/2002 school year and made me feel more home then the other one,the teachers were good,if you needed help they give it to you. I know this school is marked as public but it is under going as a alternative school. The main thing I knew when I went there was that it was your responsibility to have your work in on time and teachers didn't hassle you if you didn't turn it in,You also had the choice of when you want to go to class,you didn't get detention if you were late,but if you constantly didn't come then sure there gonna hassle you but it's your responsility of all the things you do for future and current students there. So I give that school a 5,

Steller Secondary School
2508 Blueberry Ln, Anchorage, AK  99503
Last modified Steller Secondary School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12