Posted September 06, 2014
So far, our experience with Goldenview is excellent. I have never been in a school where I felt as much enthusiasm form the teachers as Goldenview. The teachers are excited and this gets the kids excited. The elective choices are wonderful and there is something for every kind of kid.

Goldenview Middle School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
The school is new and beautiful. The teachers have been great! I cannot say the same about the administration. They do not follow school district or their own guidelines for discipline and there is no reasoning with them. A student should NOT receive 3 days of out of school suspension for a 1st EVER offense in ANY class for horsing around in gym. 2 days after hearing at conferences from EVERY teacher what a well behaved student I have, my child was suspended for 3 days because someone pushed him in gym and he fell on another student (who got an ice pack and went back to class). I met with the vice-principal and principal and pleaded for them to impose any other punishment than to remove my student from class - a week of before or after school or lunch detention, cleaning desks, etc. - to no avail. ASD offers parents no right to appeal a suspension of 5 days or less past the principal. I did meet with a higher up at ASD who was sympathetic and agreed the punishment is extremely harsh, but cannot say anything will be changed. Nobody can override the principal's decision. They can only TRY to persuade them to reconsider. I have missed 2 afternoons at work trying to keep him in class.

Posted April 09, 2012
It's really great school, nice teacher and they also really freindly.They usually care about students not just them-self.

Posted February 18, 2012
This is an amazing school. I do not find there to be a lack of communication at all like some of the posts have stated. The teachers and principal are constantly in communication with the parents letting us know what is going on. The school website is very informative and has a calendar full of daily activities, etc. Teachers have always called or emailed me back in a timely fashion. I don't have one complaint about this school. The education is outstanding. This school has set my daughter up to take all honors classes in high school. I also want to mention that the PTA is great and has lots of parent involvement and participation.

Posted October 16, 2011
I love this school! I was on the Sirius team last year and it was awesome! This year I'm in the team Phoenix and it is amazing too! I defiantly recommend this school! It's amazing! Also, Sirius is the best pod evah and always will be! These have been my best school years so far. Golden view makes memories :D I will remember this school forever because it's awesome!

Goldenview Middle School 0

Posted March 20, 2010
im a student at this sschool and im on supernova and i love it it is very cool and is a learninng team

Goldenview Middle School 2

Posted March 01, 2010
I agree with the other parent review. The school is lovely. However, there is minimal communication between teachers, administrators, and parents. Policies are vague. Teachers don't seem to regard student success. The school is understaffed, overpaid, and a general disappointment. I would recommend alternatives.

Goldenview Middle School 0

Posted October 23, 2009
I attend gvms and i love it. im on the supernova team and all of the teachers are great!! i love going to school and i love sitting in class with the teachers thanks so much

Posted October 04, 2008

Goldenview Middle School 4

Posted January 30, 2008
When I attended this school I was on the Helium team and for once in my life, I actually wanted to go to school. Not only because my friends were there, but because the teachers were great and I felt very confortable. I also had a lot of fun. I want to say thank you to the Helium teachers that helped me laugh, get work done, and learn at the same time. So Thank you Mrs. Moore, Ms. Wiseman, Mr. Z, and Mr. Wemeier. I miss you. You were some of the coolest teachers I've ever had.

Goldenview Middle School
15800 Goldenview Dr, Anchorage, AK  99516
Last modified Goldenview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goldenview Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top