Anchorage, AK

Posted November 19, 2013
Great school! My child goes there and the buses are never late! I like how the teachers teachers teach so well!

Bear Valley Elementary School 3

Posted June 15, 2011
I am a parent and certified teacher who has taught in both public and private schools and this school does not cater to all types of students. When my son was in 1st grade we tried it out, he slipped through the cracks, we observed lack of principal leadership 2006. Preference seems to gravitate towards the gifted child and female students. We decided to transfer my son, to Aquarian charter where he did great, that same year two other boys in that class transferred out. As the years went by I kept noticing the same trend with neighborhood boys that had either been wrongly labeled ADD or ADHD or were simply active boys struggling to keep up with the academics. This year , I decided to give it a second try with my daughter entering into 6th grade, and again encounter lack of principal leadership, to this date she hasn't returned 2 of my calls related to my daughter 's placement. I just have never felt this is a quality school. We are in the wait list for Northern Lights ABC which in my opinion is the best ASD school, excellent principal and teachers, If that doesn't work out we are going private to Grace Christian truly outstanding.

Bear Valley Elementary School 4

Posted February 29, 2008

Bear Valley Elementary School 2

Posted February 12, 2006
We have a new principal for the 2005-2006 school year. Since she arrived the discipline for our students has declined greatly. I have never seen our childern being so disrespectful to adults and in general just behaving baddly.

Posted August 28, 2005
My oldest son attended from K-6, I also have a 5th grader and a 1st grader. We have loved this school. The teachers truly care about kids and always go above and beyond. The admin. staff is very helpful and involved. Education levels are superior. In the last two years class size has dramatically increased due to a couple of new, very large subdivisions. The municipality will soon re-zone the boundaries to address the increase in class size. The primary grades still average 15-18 in each kindergarten and first grade. The principal retired in June of 05 so this year will be a new experience. The educational level of the parents is mostly college educated with high income levels. The down side in this school is ethnic diversity, not much exists. There is lots of parent involvement and kids are very active in extra curricular sports and activities. Outstanding school!

Posted September 06, 2004
- a former student

Bear Valley Elementary School
15001 Mountain Air Dr, Anchorage, AK  99516
Last modified Bear Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top