Posted May 26, 2013
Bowman is a wonderful elementary school. It houses an open optional program (entry via lottery)and several special needs programs in addition to the traditional neighborhood side. My two daughters are in the optional program and we could not be happier with their educational experience. The program requires parent involvement and that allows for a tight community feel, lots of enrichment opportunities and more differentiated learning based on student level. The neighborhood program is exceptional too with dedicated teachers and parent support. Things like monthly movie nights, math and science night, Fall Carnival and DJ (dance party)/ field day bring all of the kids and families together. The school is dedicated to giving back to the community and have joined with local businesses to provide 'kicks for kids', keep a lunch/ clothing etc. closet stocked for families in the community on hard times. Every year families very generously come together to make Christmas/ Hanukkah/ happen for several families who would otherwise have .Bowman does a wonderful job teaching kids not only reading/writing/math/science ....but also how to be loving and caring citizens.

Posted May 11, 2010
Our special needs program is top notch. We have the best teachers around!

Posted April 27, 2010
We have a great team of teachers working together to provide a safe and educational experience for our children.

Posted April 10, 2010
Bowman is not good school. The teacher's tell you one thing the grades show other.

Posted April 08, 2010
Bowman is a great school. Each year my children have had caring, engaging teachers that work with my children to help them to succeed. I am so thankful to all the help and support that they have given my children.

Posted October 13, 2009
Our teachers are soo kind and caring. My daughter loves to go to school and begs not to miss.

Posted October 05, 2009
Bowman Open Optional Program allows/requires the children to think about what they are learning. They are taught to research, reflect, and question information.

Posted September 30, 2009
Bowman is the most inviting, wonderful school you can imagine.

Posted September 30, 2009
I have been a teacher at this school for 15 years. It is full of caring, positive staff. students and parents. We get so many subs who request to come back to our building because 'it feels good to be here'. I agree.

Posted September 29, 2009
My daughter is autistic and she has had the most wonderful teachers and aids since she started preschool. She is doing very well and all of her teachers at Bowman deserve recognition.

Bowman Elementary School
11700 Gregory Rd, Anchorage, AK  99516
Last modified Bowman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowman Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top