PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

It is hard for me to believe that our last child will be graduating from Anchorage Christian at the end of this next school year! We have been involved with ACS from the nursery to high school graduation, and it honestly feels more like a HOME for us than a school. No school is perfect, but we love the environment. The teachers are truly ministers of the Lord, and it shows in their work and concern for the students. I am truly thankful for the many years of support our family has received from the staff, and we enter this last year just wondering what we will do without an ACS student in our family.
June 07, 2016

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

- a school leader
Again, no school is perfect, but I do feel the teachers at ACS have the student in mind as they instruct and guide.

Amount of homework: Agree

- a school leader
I have NO idea why people think the amount of homework indicates the level of learning. I do not agree. I will say that all of my children had homework consistently, but I will add they studied many times because of their drive to achieve high grades. I am aware not all students have that motivation. I am very proud of my children who have gone on to college and their level of preparedness.

Develops character: Strongly agree

- a school leader
I feel the school does an excellent job teaching biblical standands and practicing them in the decisions they make.

- a school leader

Great academics and extra curricular activities. The music program is just starting to improve. I attended this school from K5 through 12th grade and loved it. I was given several college scholarships and got accepted to every college I applied to. My son attends there now and we still love it.

Both of our girls attend here and we absolutely love it. My youngest is in there pre school program and our oldest is going into 4th grade next year. They love our children and treat them as there own. Teaching great morals and the importance of God in our schools. Not only are the children respectful and well behaved they show love for one another. There is not a lot of drama. We are all for that as it is hard enough to be a child in todays society. They keep parents informed and love when you come and visit or help out in your childs classroom.

My boys attend the Pre-k at the Debarr school. ITS AMAZING. It is the first time I have felt that the teachers actually enjoy there job, and love the kids. The academics are top-notch, and the school is clean, the kids are always happy. I just love this school

Had two young men graduate from ACS. I appreciated the strong leadership balanced by compassion and love. They have taught my kids a biblical worldview, to see all of life from a biblical perspective, not just 'church on Sunday'. As far as problems, they have problems but they are dealt with fairly and quickly; every school has problems. I could write several pages of examples of our good experiences. Thanks to God first and to the faculty and staff second for taking care of my kdis.

My children have attended this school since they were both in K-2. One is now a Junior, the other is in 6th grade. It has been an awesome experience, not perfect, but nothing in life is. For people who criticize the school because of elleged drug use, pregnancies, etc... How does that make this school hypocritical? It's a school full of people, not saints. Kids will always make mistakes in life, the difference here is how the kids are treated after the mistake comes to light. They have firm discipline meted out with love. There are consequences, unlike I've seen in public school. The teachers are like family to us after all these years. They are my kids biggest cheerleaders. My kids are happy, confident, and have had an education far above what is being offered at public school. I would and do recommend this school to everyone!

Awesome! This is not just a school but a small community. The school spirit, attitude, and excitment you see everyday is nothing short of amazing. I am a teacher for the ASD and have to tell you that this is something you will not find in public school. The teachers are awesome and are there because they want to be there. I don't know what we would do with out two girls if they didn't attend ACS.

Last modified Anchorage Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12