PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

It is hard for me to believe that our last child will be graduating from Anchorage Christian at the end of this next school year! We have been involved with ACS from the nursery to high school graduation, and it honestly feels more like a HOME for us than a school. No school is perfect, but we love the environment. The teachers are truly ministers of the Lord, and it shows in their work and concern for the students. I am truly thankful for the many years of support our family has received from the staff, and we enter this last year just wondering what we will do without an ACS student in our family.
June 07, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

- a school leader
In my opinion, there are TOO many to thank, but I feel Mrs. Wells, the Academic Dean, is the unsung hero of ACS. Without her tireless work, I am not sure ACS would be able to be where they are today. She is amazing!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

- a school leader
Again, no school is perfect, but I do feel the teachers at ACS have the student in mind as they instruct and guide.

Amount of homework: Just right

- a school leader
I have NO idea why people think the amount of homework indicates the level of learning. I do not agree. I will say that all of my children had homework consistently, but I will add they studied many times because of their drive to achieve high grades. I am aware not all students have that motivation. I am very proud of my children who have gone on to college and their level of preparedness.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

- a school leader
The whole system really takes each student individually with the intention of making that student a success.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

- a school leader
What a blessing to be able to have the Bible as a text to teach from! These teachers use the Bible as the guide.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

- a school leader
I feel the school does an excellent job teaching biblical standands and practicing them in the decisions they make.

Posted August 02, 2012
Great academics and extra curricular activities. The music program is just starting to improve. I attended this school from K5 through 12th grade and loved it. I was given several college scholarships and got accepted to every college I applied to. My son attends there now and we still love it.

Posted May 16, 2011
Both of our girls attend here and we absolutely love it. My youngest is in there pre school program and our oldest is going into 4th grade next year. They love our children and treat them as there own. Teaching great morals and the importance of God in our schools. Not only are the children respectful and well behaved they show love for one another. There is not a lot of drama. We are all for that as it is hard enough to be a child in todays society. They keep parents informed and love when you come and visit or help out in your childs classroom.

Posted October 22, 2010
My boys attend the Pre-k at the Debarr school. ITS AMAZING. It is the first time I have felt that the teachers actually enjoy there job, and love the kids. The academics are top-notch, and the school is clean, the kids are always happy. I just love this school

6575 East Northern Lights Boulevard, Anchorage, AK  99504
Last modified Anchorage Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12