K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 28, 2016
Speaking as an alum and also a parent of three children who all can claim St. Elizabeth's as their elementary school, I can firmly say that I could not have chosen a better environment for them to receive their primary education. Students receive a well-rounded curriculum that not only prepares them for the challenges of middle school, but also provides them with strong values and an understanding of virtue. These are crucial fundamentals in building the "whole person." St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's loving community, faith-based quality instruction, and dedicated parent involvement make this school one-in-a-million.

Posted January 27, 2016
This school is truly a gem. Small class sizes (average class size is 21 students, currently), attentive, caring teachers and staff, firm faith and Catholic values, high test scores that are well past the district public schools, and strong parent involvement are just a few of the reasons why I have sent all 3 (one has gone K-6, and two are current students) of my children to St. Elizabeth's. I have been an active parent at this school for the past 15 years. The school underwent a complete remodel in 2013, with numerous upgrades to safety, structure, and technology. I can honestly say that this school is like a family. The students are all respectful and friendly to one another and it is not uncommon to see many parents involved and volunteering in the school on any given day. The curriculum is stellar, teachers are well-educated and very hands-on, test scores very high, and students are more than well-prepared for junior high as they leave St. Elizabeths. I cannot recommend this school enough. If you are considering this school or looking for an option to the public school system, I encourage you to take a tour of the school, meet the staff and see what St. Elizabeth's has to offer. As their motto states: 'Faith, Family, Excellence' - all true statements about this school.

St Elizabeth Ann Seton School 3

Posted April 07, 2014
I wrote the "world-class elementary education" review back in 2011. By May of 2012 I knew better. SEAS is a parochial school that puts far more emphasis on religious instruction than on education. My two children attended this school for a combined total of four years so I feel competent in critiquing the school. The class sizes are big, with 25-26 kids per class with no teacher's aide. This means the teacher spends her time teaching to the middle, helping the slow kids, and ignoring the smart kids. There are no curriculum standards from grade to grade and the standard of instruction is middling. After leaving SEAS, it took our kids hours of private tutoring to raise their math knowledge to the level of the quality private school into which they transferred. The parental community is strong and very involved. The students are well-behaved. The teachers care. But for my family, SEAS was too parochial and not enough school.

Posted May 12, 2013
Unsurpassed excellence delivered at every level at SEAS! When you mix the following and teaching of Christ's love with high expectations, parental involvement, great loving teachers, solid leadership and support from the parish; children will flourish. That's what SEAS offers. SEAS helped develop a strong foundation for my children which has helped them in every element of their lives! It is often sacrifice that enables greatness and I am grateful my children were provided the tools for not only academic advancement; but tools to live their lives with a solid foundation for the times when they will be exposed to the storms that life deals out. I recall thinking what a "sacrifice" it was going to be finacially. Was I ever being short sighted in those thoughts!Looking back, there is NO material posession I would trade for the rich experience my children took from this school!!

Posted May 02, 2013
What a wonderful school! Our oldest daughter started Kindergarten four years ago at St Elizabeth Ann Seton (SEAS). We had our doubts coming from Houston and not knowing anybody at the school. We took a leap of faith because we do believe in strong catholic education. What a payoff!!! The staff and teachers are AMAZING, the families EXTREMELY involved, and the kids just flourish at the school. The academics are excellent (we have friends at Rogers Park, and SEAS academics are above). Character building and faith are central to the mission of the school. It is with an heavy heart that we have to move again this summer... We won't even see the great renovation of the school getting done this summer... The facilities are going to be beautiful and much more practical! If you are looking for a great elementary school for your children in Anchorage, do not look further!!! The financial sacrifice is well worth it!!!

Posted March 31, 2011
Loved, loved, LOVED this school! My two children that attended this school really flourished. Due to military moves we were only there a couple of years, but I still wistfully think of SEAS and the family enviornment it provided for my kids. The teachers and staff really seemed to care for the kids. My son was a little behind when we started mid-year and his teacher worked with him and us as parents to catch him up to the rest of the class in the area that needed it. Also, the teachers we had were very good at communication with parents, and also held high, but not unreal, expectations for the students. They provided lots of hands-on material for the students and got the different grades involved with each other (i.e. reading buddies, prayer partners, parades through the classes, art/projects displayed up and down the halls...etc). Gave the little kids people to look up to and the big kids a feeling of responsibility. They attend Mass weekly, which that partictular Mass is geared towards the kids. Parental involvement is top-notch. I would send my kids back to SEAS in a hearbeat if I could.

Posted March 20, 2011
Great school. We moved from another state and joined the SEAS family community. The school has high academic standards, as well as a great Christian faith built into their daily learning.

Posted March 21, 2009
For a world-class elementary education in Alaska, SEAS has no real competition. A small parochial school with great teachers and facilities, the admissions criteria are high but --if accepted-- the payoff in your child's development is even higher!

St Elizabeth Ann Seton School
2901 Huffman Road, Anchorage, AK  99516
Last modified St Elizabeth Ann Seton School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
St Elizabeth Ann Seton School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top