Posted April 16, 2014
I can't say enough about this school. They are truly like a family and have a great reputation on our community! I sent my daughter to Their summer program 18 years ago And have my Lil guy enrolled full Time! He is In 2nd grade and has dyslexia . I have a tutor come In 2x a week and everyone is very supportive of the extra assistance. They go above and Beyond and are very deserving of recognition!! Anchor Lutheran is a fabulous school that I recommend without a doubt!

Posted December 19, 2013
My two children have attended Anchor Lutheran for nearing four years and our family could not be happier. We love that the school not only provides a fantastic ( and technologically cutting edge) education, but character development with a foundation in Christian principles. The teachers really do care about those kids and what a difference that makes in the whole school experience. I would recommend Anchor Lutheran to any family who wants their kids to learn in a welcoming, supportive, top notch Christian school.

Posted August 01, 2013
My 3 year old recently started attending Anchor almost two months ago and I can already see a significant difference in my daughters behavior. She wants to go to school and see her teachers and looks forward to bring your bike to school day, enjoying her own homemade lunches and she absolutely loves all of her teachers. Not only are they polite and friendly but they enjoy what they do day in and day out. It's a real pleasure to see the teachers there are dedicated to educating the children they encounter on a day to day basis. I highly recommend enrolling your loved one in school here, you will no regret it!

Posted August 01, 2013
Anchor Lutheran is the perfect fit for our family. Both our children now attend, and when I pick them up they are all smiles, telling me about thier day. Low class sizes means a great student to teacher ratio with great individualized learning based on what your child needs. I would recommend Anchor Lutheran to any one who is looking for good quality education that focuses on the growth of the child and the family.

Posted August 01, 2013
Our child has attended Anchor Lutheran since she was 4 years old. We have built an incredible relationship with the staff, students, and other parents that I can't imagine sending my children anywhere but here. Their Christ-centered education is wonderful, especially in a day and age where the pull and corruption of the secular world is such a strong influence on our society. They keep our children grounded in the word at all times.

Posted January 24, 2011
This is my son's first year at Anchor Lutheran, and he has been accepted and warmly embraced by the students in his class. We have been very happy with the personal attention our son receives from the teachers, appropriately challenging him to reach his potential. The staff has demonstrated excellent communication with us, and have been very helpful. This school shines with the light of Christ - it obviously affects everything they do. We're so happy we came to Anchor Lutheran!

Posted September 17, 2009
My children have attended ALS first through seventh grade for the past several years. The teachers love, care for, and respect the children, and my children report the very best experiences. The kids' test scores have always been high throughout their attendance. The school encourages involvement by parents, and we feel invited.

Posted June 29, 2009
Students are provided individualized attention in a caring and positive Christian environment. Parents can feel assured that their children are in a safe and nurturing environment. Classes are small and teachers know all the students, not just those in their classes so no one goes unnoticed. Parents are encouraged to actively participate in all aspects of their children's education.

Posted December 20, 2006
my daughter has been going to ALS since 1st grade and she excels every year. She has been an A-A+ student and I believe it is because of the teachers and the studies they use to teach with. The amount of students per class, I believe make a big difference. The parents are encouraged to come to all pre-scheduled events and are always welcome to help in school functions. The school has a wonderful library for research. The children take field trips with parent support and they are well supervised outside on the play ground with the teachers. ALS has a well sponsored and supervised before and after school program. I love this school and the program has become a good part of our life. Come and see for yourself what God has done at ALS.

Anchor Lutheran School
8100 Arctic Blvd, Anchorage, AK  99518
Last modified Anchor Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Anchor Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top