K-7|Private

Bad
Good

We have had a wonderful experience at the Anchorage Waldorf school. The kind and welcoming classroom atmosphere that is open to curiosity, the thoughtfulness of each teacher, parent, and staff has been a pleasant surprise. The school community cares for each and every student, and each student cares and looks out for the others. The experiential learning style has worked wonderfully for our children. We are very happy with the school and look forward to many more memorable years!

Anchorage Waldorf School is a wonderful school. Our son has had the same preschool teacher for last two years and she's moving up with the class into the kindergarten. We can not say enough nice things about her or the school. What I really like is the sense of community at the school. Parents and families show up to volunteer for events. The potluck a are flush with delicious homemade dishes. The teachers are so dedicated and present for their students everyday. The principal greats the students in the parking lot each morning. Our son loves going to his school and says he misses his teacher over holiday and school breaks. How is that for a testimonial?

Anchorage Waldorf School has been a blessing for my family. My son loves to go to school! Waldorf education is so respectful and real and this school with it's beautiful setting and smaller class sizes really allows the teachers to tailor the learning experience to the class. Everyone child should have this opportunity to learn in an environment like this. Waldorf education is hard to get a handle on for many of us not exposed to it before, but the joy and love of learning on the campus is inspiring, and the results based on the alumni I have met are amazing. It cost a bit, but it is so worth it.

The ideal setting for child and parent to grow together in a love for learning, sharing and being a part of community. Ever grateful for Anchorage Waldorf and the difference it has made.

I have one daughter in 3rd and one in 7th grade. I love the way my children are respected in school by both students, teachers and staff. They feel like valued members of a community, and I know they will leave the school feeling like they CAN make a difference in the world. I cannot think of another school I would rather have my children go to. In fact I wish they wouldn't have to leave at all!

At Anchorage Waldorf School (formerly Aurora Waldorf School), I watched my timid, school hating daughter, turn into a blossoming, reading fanatic, school lover. The teachers at AWS are the best; they really care about my child, and I love the fact that they keep the same teacher from 1st to 8th grade. It is almost like getting an extra parent.

Why is this school showing only three stars? One person gave it one star and wrote nothing else? This is the best school I have ever seen. The children are treated with respect and love, fed healthy food, tought good habits of cleaning and studying and how to respect others and how to think for themselves. My son loves going to school, he gets not only what his brain needs but gets to do nature walks and art and music almost every day. He is becoming balanced, fully developed in manys ways, not just mentaly, and he is treated as a respected human being, which is more than I can say for any other school. I am blessed that such a school is even available to have as an option, and hope they can have enough community support to contine to sustain the school and watch it grow for future generations of healthy happy human beings.

Last modified Anchorage Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades K-7