Anchorage, AK
After care: No

Posted December 03, 2013
I am a mom who has three graduates from Lumen and a freshman still at the school. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I've been with our experience at Lumen Christi. My three older children are in college and working towards their goals. They say they feel like Lumen prepared them for college and are all doing very well. My youngest is a freshman and loves Lumen she is very involved in sports, drama, and loves her academic class and her teachers. I would recommend Lumen Christi to everyone.

Posted November 21, 2013
Our son is in his sophomore year at Lumen Christi High School. He is happily engaged in his studies, plays on all of the sports teams and is participating in student government this year. His teachers all know him well and care about his academic progress and success. He has made good friends and the families at Lumen care about ALL the kids and their moral and character formation. Our dedicated principal attends the school sport and social events and is at most meetings throughout the weekday evenings! As Lumen parents, we are all interested in seeing our young people grow in their faith and reach their potential and personal dreams. Our teaching staff is very well educated and enthusiastic about the subject matter they teach. Lumen Christi offers a small, but highly academic environment that strives to meet each student individually, to honor the dignity of each person and to foster a community of enthusiastic learners. We are grateful for the opportunity he has had to grow in faith and friendship. It is the best investment in our son's future that we could ever imagine!

Lumen Christi 4

Posted November 06, 2013
Our daughter has attended Lumen since 7th grade and we love it! The small class sizes, dedicated teachers and family atmosphere create a wonderful learning environment. Our daughter enjoys the many sports offered at Lumen as well as participating in drama and student government.

Posted November 02, 2013
This is our second year at Lumen Christi. We like the warm, welcoming atmosphere and the feeling of community. Although it is a small school, there are several sports teams, drama, music, art, and other activities in addition to the challenging academic program. I have found the teachers and staff to be highly committed and I believe they truly care about every student. My family also likes the support of strong Christian values and the efforts to organize community service projects. Even though Lumen has a vibrant Catholic identity, there also are numerous students from other Christian faiths. We love Lumen, and wouldn't consider going anywhere else!

Posted November 01, 2013
The most appealing aspect of this little school is its academic excellence that puts the student at the center of learning. The teachers are highly qualified and have a lot experience. They succeed to create a safe, friendly and relaxed environment, everybody is welcoming and helpful and it is pretty to 'feel home' quickly.

Posted October 23, 2013
We found Lumen Christi High School to be one of the best options for a private education in the Anchorage area. We noticed that over 80% of the teachers hold Masters degrees (or higher) in their areas of expertise. The school has relationships with a number of colleges and universities available to students to supplement a very strong curriculum. Students attend from as far away as Chugiak, Eagle River, and Girdwood to receive a quality, faith-based education. With it's new leadership, we see amazing potential for the school. The school continues to raise its academic standards and actively participates in both church and community service activities. Students who transfer out of state to other schools often find themselves in AP classes. The school also maintains a robust sports program and offers a number of wonderful extra curricular activities from choir to drama and yearbook. An extra benefit is the small class sizes with individualized student attention. We give Lumen Christi our highest rating and believe it is one of the best kept secrets for faith-based education in Alaska!

Posted October 02, 2013
My School is Lumen Christi Catholic High School in Anchorage, Alaska. My children have been at this school for 5 years. I am so pleased with the quality of education and the great teacher student ratio. The parent community is phenomenal. The extracurricular activities are available to my kids that would not be available in a larger public school because they did not come into high school with years of club sports behind them. The coaches are excellent. They experience team work, and competition and sportsmanship. Everyone willing to come out and do their best has a spot on the schools teams. I also love that the values and standards I set for my children are reiterated at school and shared by the families that are there as well. And lastly, the tuition is reasonable - around $5600 a year. I am very proud to say my children attend Lumen Christi Catholic High.

Posted October 21, 2010
We are loving Lumen Christi. The staff is organized, professional, and positive. The athletic department offers several well-organized teams and great coaches. My daughter has been held to a high standard in her academics and is thriving.

Posted September 23, 2010
I can appreicate a school whose staff knows each student (whether they are in their class or not) by name. it is easy, and all too common, for students to fall through the cracks in public schools. Lumen's staff is wonderfully attentive and both recognizes and encourages each student to their full potential.

Posted September 23, 2010
Teachers, admin and sports program is great! Overall atmosphere is healthy without being repressed. Physical plant is very nice without being ostentatious. JB

Lumen Christi