Bad
Good

I was a student that has been at this school for three years. I have learned that the majority of the students are really nice, and the teachers that I had were very skilled at teaching. My favorite teacher was my band teacher, who can lead those who can barely blow correctly into a mouthpiece, into high school level songs in three years. I also loved the options and versatility of classes available, and will miss this school very much.

This school is horrible. I also pulled my child out after only one year. It was a year that will damage her for life. She was bullied and nothing was done about it. The administration swept it all under the rug to hide it. Don't send your kids there if you have a choice.

We are pulling our daughter out after 2 years. The teachers are not able to provide the guidance our child needs. They expect the kids to learn and fully be responsible on their own. But with 11-14 year olds that is just not possible. We do what we can at home by making sure she has completed what assignments are posted on zangle but by then it is already days late. The classroom sizes, also, are way too high in my opinion. How can a person properly teach 35-40 kids at once a make sure they all understand the concept before moving on? I have seen some kids excel at this school but those kids are self motivators. If your child is not self motivated, avoid this school. I want a teacher that will look at my daughter and say ' you did good but I know you can do better.' To me early teens still need guidance and motivation; they cannot be left to do it on their own. One thing we will miss is the band program; they make wonderful music and actually learn to read it. But more than likely band will not get my daughter into a good college and career.

I am from a military family and when I first went to Mirror Lake in 6th grade I was nervous, but the teachers and students were very helpful. Teachers and parents always want what is best for the students. Test scores are very high and there are gifted programs available. If you are new to the school, they have an orientation a week before school starts where they show you different parts of the school and it is always a great way to make friends. That's how I started, was through this Camp Coyote. The music and art department are highly recommended. Their advanced jazz band, concert band and orchestra compete in the Heritage Music Festivals outside of Alaska each year, bringing home gold and silver awards and even best music department beating out the high school competition. There are many after school programs; in short your child will LOVE MLMS!

I went to this school for all 3 years and I loved it. I think its a great school. Its clean and its a good school to got to. Theres so much you can get involved in and the staff is great I never had an issue with them. I would go back if I could. I learned a lot the teachers are very involved and so are the counselors I had to go to the counselors a few times and I think there great. There weren't lots of fights maybe one every 4 months but no big deal.

Last modified Mirror Lake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.