Posted May 25, 2014
Overall this is a good school. I agree with the parent who was critical of the librarian. While I like her personally, both of my boys are scared of her. One of my children has special needs and was served well until reaching third grade. His third grade teacher was dismissive and ignored him. She would deliberately not respond to him, referring him to the untrained TA to answer his questions. She repeatedly said inappropriate and demeaning things to him and when confronted, the principal did nothing. Children on the spectrum would be better served at another school for grades 3 through 6.

Posted April 02, 2013
This school had the highest testing scores of the schools in Anchorage the year that my children went to it. My neighbor bought her house based on the school it was zoned for.

Posted February 04, 2013
I have had my children in this school for the last 5 years. This is a wonderful school and my children have thrived. My only complaint is the principle and the librarian. Neither of them should be around small children. The librarian is just plain mean! The principle is so unpredictable. One day she is very nice and the next she is talking down to everyone. She is not approachable and makes me feel uncomfortable.

Posted July 11, 2012
I have had 3 children in this school and am so pleased as a parent. The teaching staff is exceptional for their neighborhood program and their optional program. Our family has considered leaving state, but this school is one of the staple reasons for us staying put. Education is so important and this school embraces it with both hands, they recognize different learning styles and embrace community and life skills.

Posted August 03, 2010
I'm the mom of an ESL student, and rate this as an absolutely outstanding school. The work is appropriate, the teachers I met are both talented and outstanding, the principal is wonderful, and the staff goes the extra mile for the students.

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted October 15, 2008

Eagle River Elementary School 0

Posted September 02, 2008
This is my son's 2nd year at ERE he loves it and I love the staff. They honestly care about the kids and their education.

Posted November 18, 2006
I love ERE the staff works well together, they have low teacher turnover. The principal is young and has great ideas on how to help the children who attend ERE. At ERE you have a choice between the traditional school program or the optional program. The optional program is an alternative school. It is nice to be able to have all my children there and have a choice of programs.

Eagle River Elementary School
19900 Old Eagle River Rd, Eagle River, AK  99577
Last modified Eagle River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle River Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top