Bad
Good

I believe the atmosphere is mediocre. The kids are often treated as a nuisance. I don't believe they filter whom they allow to volunteer or work noon duties strictly enough. My kids seem stressed by the constant negativity. My children are above average in grades and work very hard at their studies. We've moved around and attended 4 different elementary schools. Homestead is the least on my list. We would change schools, however I don't want to uproot my children again. My youngest that hasn't started yet will not attend Homestead. Not highly impressed. Seems teacher oriented more than student oriented.

Alaska School Principal of the Year Award for Homestead 2011! Homestead Huckies really do run with the best!

My son attended Homestead for grades K through 6. It was a very positive environment. His teachers were very dedicated and provided him with an excellent education. They made learning fun, while teaching him to be responsible. He blossomed under the guidance of each teacher. Especially influential was his music teacher, Mrs. Hopper. She is a very talented musician, and gave him a love for music. My husband and I are glad we sent our son to Homestead. It was a very positive experience for him.

Homestead is a wonderful school where my son attended for almost his entire elementary career. Almost all the teachers work very hard, and most put in much more time than is required. The PTA is the best and works very hard to make the school fun. Please don't compare Homestead to other a charter school, where students are hand picked. Homestead takes all students!

We loved the man who used to be the principal at Homestead. His replacement has taken the school down a notch. Other than that, fine school.

My daughter is a student at Homestead Elementary - she loves it! The teachers are very dedicated and the parents are involved. It has a very personal feel to it.

Both of my sons go to Homestead. My older has been at Homestead for 3 years and my youngest is in K this year. The teachers are just great. The atmosphere is very positive and focuses on the basics. In particular Mr. & Mrs. Herbert, Mrs. Litton, Mrs. Yeargan & Mrs. Daughtery are absolutely fantastic teachers. My boys love Mr. B and the art & music teachers. It is a great school with kind, respectful, concerned, and exceptionally helpful staff. The Principal, Mr. Schear is one of a kind and every child looks up to him. He really has a way of making every child feel special.

Last modified Homestead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.