Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 26, 2016
No, it does not. The principal would need to embody these attributes for them to be implemented in the school.

Posted April 26, 2016
The principal Ms. Anthony is negligent in student care. This school is not a safe learning environment. If you want your kid bullied this school is for you. Today my child and another student were removed from the bus and the school never called us parents. I thought my child was missing until another child informed me. I had already dialed the police. The principal would not speak to me because I held accountable and would not allow her to speak down to me like she does to the students and other parents. Homeschooling is your best option if Ladd is your only option.

Posted April 30, 2015
I agree with the last post about the school size and space, but I also have a problem with their policies and communication. My daughter meets in a closet/storeroom for "tutoring". Literally, a closet! The place is just big enough for a desk and chair. Imagine my surprise when I found this out - and they did not even tell me that they were pulling her out of classes and sending her to a closet to be "tutored" by another parent - not even a teacher or district employee, but a part time temp. They say that her assessments showed she needed extra help. How is pulling her out of class where the learning is taking place, supposedly, going to help her when she is missing instruction and being "taught" in a closet by a local mom? They did not tell me about this, ask me about this, did not give me options, I just found out about it when I was walking through school with my daughter and she showed me the closet where she spends part of her day. Do you think the principal cared? Not this one, she didn't even want to talk to me, and when she did, she spoke down to me like I was one of her naughty students. I can't wait to leave this school.

Ladd Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2015
I'm not sure what the negative reviews are about, I have two children attending Ladd. One in 4th grade and a child in the special pre-k classes. The new principal has developed new programs to encourage the children's good behavior (pawsitive paws) and the school finally addressed the traffic issue. The staff is supportive and helpful. Parents are involved and children are taken care of. As a military family they have been compassionate and understanding at the demands military families are faced with. I would have given the school 5 stars, but I do think it lacks space for the amount of staff and students that they have on campus.

Posted August 29, 2014
This has become the worst school district ever. We were very happy when we got here, but the board has driven everybody worthwhile to retire, move on, or simply pressed them out. Those remaining are those who had nowhere else to go and it shows. We pulled our children from Ladd this year because the new principal is making changes that we don't feel are in the best interest of our child's safety or academic well being. If Ladd is your home school, I'd suggest that you look into a private school or home school.

Posted August 29, 2014
I fully agree with the last comments. The school district is going downhill fast. Ladd was a good school with Mrs. Cook and a great school with Mr. Stitt. I don't know what they were thinking with the new principal. Ladd is almost entirely military. Mrs. Cook's husband was an Air Force Colonel. Mr. Stitt served as a Medic. These people understood the military life and could relate to the kids and parents. The current school board, district administration, and Ladd principal have no military experience, no understanding of the Armed Forces, and are not able to relate to the students and families they are supposed to be serving. At least the lady principal of the school on post served in the Army. I wish Alaska had DOD schools.

Posted August 06, 2013
All of my children attend Ladd Elementary School. The staff is friendly and communicative. The teachers matriculate with the students and the parent has the option to keep the same teacher or not which was refreshing and comforting. Active music and art programs, after school programs and sports programs even for the kindergarteners. There are even gifted programs for those children who need an extra challenge and they have an active PTA. We moved here from out of state and my children were far behind the curve, but the teachers all stepped up and helped them until they were not only on par with the students who have been here for years, but excelling and at the tops of their respective classes.

Posted March 06, 2012
We are a military family and this is our second time at Fort Wainwright. Three of our 5 children have attended 4 different schools in Fairbanks. One has attended 2 schools and the youngest has only gone to Ladd. The school has changed a lot over the years.In fact it almost doubled in size since we were last stationed here. We have not always had success with the schools near the bases. Two of our children receive special education services and have not had good school experiences at all. Ladd has been such a wonderful change. Our children feel accepted. The teachers show genuine care. The principal actually took the time to sit and talk with us about our children. He made us feel welcome which was funny since we had been their before he was. Ladd absolutely has the best special education staff we have ever worked with. We really don't want to leave. A truly great school with a great staff.

Posted February 26, 2012
Great opportunity for gifted children at this school! School staff work at developing goals for your childs needs.

Posted April 12, 2010
Three of our children went to Ladd Elementary. I've been generally pleased with the teachers & staff though I ve been perplexed when my children reached the 5th & 6th grade levels. Their performance, interest and attitude toward school went downhill. There wasn't near the level of homework or challenging assignments that I saw up until the 4th grade level (It didn't seem to progress. Math at 6th grade seemed to be stuck at the 4th grade level, as one example). Seemed like more substitutes and/or teacher aid involvement than the homeroom teacher for various reasons. Really enjoyed Mr. Merrill (4th grade), especially the interaction with parents and what was happening in the classroom as well as follow-ups with homework. However, I don t think he is still teaching there. The expanding and collapsing student population is a problem with the continual military deployments; a 40-percent change in student population at the school appears to rack havoc with teaching and staffing resources. Kudos to those dedicated folks who continue to adjust.

601 F St, Fairbanks, AK  99701
Last modified Ladd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.