Ladd Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2014
This has become the worst school district ever. We were very happy when we got here, but the board has driven everybody worthwhile to retire, move on, or simply pressed them out. Those remaining are those who had nowhere else to go and it shows. We pulled our children from Ladd this year because the new principal is making changes that we don't feel are in the best interest of our child's safety or academic well being. If Ladd is your home school, I'd suggest that you look into a private school or home school.

Ladd Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2014
I fully agree with the last comments. The school district is going downhill fast. Ladd was a good school with Mrs. Cook and a great school with Mr. Stitt. I don't know what they were thinking with the new principal. Ladd is almost entirely military. Mrs. Cook's husband was an Air Force Colonel. Mr. Stitt served as a Medic. These people understood the military life and could relate to the kids and parents. The current school board, district administration, and Ladd principal have no military experience, no understanding of the Armed Forces, and are not able to relate to the students and families they are supposed to be serving. At least the lady principal of the school on post served in the Army. I wish Alaska had DOD schools.

Posted August 06, 2013
All of my children attend Ladd Elementary School. The staff is friendly and communicative. The teachers matriculate with the students and the parent has the option to keep the same teacher or not which was refreshing and comforting. Active music and art programs, after school programs and sports programs even for the kindergarteners. There are even gifted programs for those children who need an extra challenge and they have an active PTA. We moved here from out of state and my children were far behind the curve, but the teachers all stepped up and helped them until they were not only on par with the students who have been here for years, but excelling and at the tops of their respective classes.

Posted March 06, 2012
We are a military family and this is our second time at Fort Wainwright. Three of our 5 children have attended 4 different schools in Fairbanks. One has attended 2 schools and the youngest has only gone to Ladd. The school has changed a lot over the years.In fact it almost doubled in size since we were last stationed here. We have not always had success with the schools near the bases. Two of our children receive special education services and have not had good school experiences at all. Ladd has been such a wonderful change. Our children feel accepted. The teachers show genuine care. The principal actually took the time to sit and talk with us about our children. He made us feel welcome which was funny since we had been their before he was. Ladd absolutely has the best special education staff we have ever worked with. We really don't want to leave. A truly great school with a great staff.

Posted February 26, 2012
Great opportunity for gifted children at this school! School staff work at developing goals for your childs needs.

Ladd Elementary School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
Three of our children went to Ladd Elementary. I've been generally pleased with the teachers & staff though I ve been perplexed when my children reached the 5th & 6th grade levels. Their performance, interest and attitude toward school went downhill. There wasn't near the level of homework or challenging assignments that I saw up until the 4th grade level (It didn't seem to progress. Math at 6th grade seemed to be stuck at the 4th grade level, as one example). Seemed like more substitutes and/or teacher aid involvement than the homeroom teacher for various reasons. Really enjoyed Mr. Merrill (4th grade), especially the interaction with parents and what was happening in the classroom as well as follow-ups with homework. However, I don t think he is still teaching there. The expanding and collapsing student population is a problem with the continual military deployments; a 40-percent change in student population at the school appears to rack havoc with teaching and staffing resources. Kudos to those dedicated folks who continue to adjust.

Ladd Elementary School 0

Posted January 22, 2009
I have worked at different schools throughout my teaching career and Ladd is definitely the best. The staff is outstanding and definitely cares about each and every student. We have a diverse population and a large military population. The kids, parents, staff, and principal are the BEST!

Posted December 13, 2007
I went to Ladd for 5th to 6th grade.. My dad was in he military so we moved there in the 5th grade. When I moved there I really was welcomed and I after less then a week I felt like I have been going to the school my whole life.. my 5th grade class was the BEST!! I didn't relize it then, but know that I am in High School, I relize how important my 5th grade year was! Ladd is the by far the best elementary school!!!

Posted September 29, 2007

Posted July 26, 2006
This was a gret school. My kids were there for 2 yrs and learned so much. Wish we hadn't been transfered. Have yet to find a school like this one. Ms. Olzefski and Mr. Plazke, my kids miss them greatly.

Ladd Elementary School
601 F St, Fairbanks, AK  99701
Last modified Ladd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ladd Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top