Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I appreciate the regular newsletters Mrs. Gray and Mrs. Klaes sent home. It helped to keep me in the know.

Amount of homework: Agree

Every teacher has different expectations, but my kids have been expected to read every night. I appreciate when they have had a homework packet due once a week instead of having to ask them each night if they remember if they still have homework that night.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have seen teachers and coaches on multiple occasions school sports coach kids about positive aspects of sportsmanship. Adults back it up by allowing all the students play and they keep coaching positive. They also offer instruction to students still learning the sport during after school games. Kids have great attitudes due in part to the examples the teachers model and instill in the kids.

My kids moved in from a village in Alaska and I love the extra support offered here to help them meet their weaknesses. The standards are high and my students love their teachers. They love Coach Davis, Mrs. Klaes, Mrs. Gray, Mrs. Machida, Mrs. Myers and Principal Kyra Aizstrauts. Thank you for your dedication!

Jerry is happy to attend the school for his nice teachers and lovely friends! It's a great school!

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT SCHOOL!I loved everything, and I had fun.AND I got straight A's more than I did at any school!Thank you!

This is a really great school!Lots of activities,sports,and fun things!It's the best school in my opinion!

My son attended UPark from K through 6. My daughter attended from K through 4. (Then we moved away from Alaska.) The teachers are excellent. The faculty and staff as a whole are friendly, engaged, and professional. My kids got an excellent education here. I would add that the "extras' were pretty great: band/orchestra, ski club, running club, archery, volleyball, basketball, and a bunch of stuff I forgot. This is a great school.

I'm hoping it's just the one teacher my child has this year because I was under the impression most the staff was great with kids. My child placed above average in the placement tests, now there is all sorts issues. They pull him out of his main class for help with his reading and spelling on top of speech therapy for not pronouncing one letter the right way. It takes time from his main class and the work they do. Then when home work is sent home and testing is to be done he is overwhelmed. The tutor and teacher do not collaborate the curriculum...So instead of making things easier for him they have piled 3 times the work of different lesson. When I ask the teacher why something was sent home She has no clue. My son has come home crying because of what seems to be more discouragement than encouragement. I'm debating taking him out and home schooling since I've requested a meeting 3 times now with his teacher, principle and whom ever is in charge of next years placement. The amount of homework seems a bit much for 1st grade. So much so I have often wondered what they do over 6 hours a day. I feel I'm the one having to teach him. No one seems to answer my concerns.

I was a student here and I had a lot of fun. This school is awesome. The principal really cares for all the students. She is nice,fun, and funny. The teachers are awesome. All my teachers since Kindergarten were amazing. And I was proud to be a Falcon!

Last modified University Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.