Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted December 24, 2015
Jerry is happy to attend the school for his nice teachers and lovely friends! It's a great school!

Posted October 24, 2015
THIS IS SUCH A GREAT SCHOOL!I loved everything, and I had fun.AND I got straight A's more than I did at any school!Thank you!

University Park Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 24, 2015
Thank you to all of the 4th,5th,and 6th grade teachers for making my school years here the best!Once a falcon,forever a falcon!

Posted March 21, 2015
This is a really great school!Lots of activities,sports,and fun things!It's the best school in my opinion!

Posted August 21, 2014
My son attended UPark from K through 6. My daughter attended from K through 4. (Then we moved away from Alaska.) The teachers are excellent. The faculty and staff as a whole are friendly, engaged, and professional. My kids got an excellent education here. I would add that the "extras' were pretty great: band/orchestra, ski club, running club, archery, volleyball, basketball, and a bunch of stuff I forgot. This is a great school.

University Park Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2014
I'm hoping it's just the one teacher my child has this year because I was under the impression most the staff was great with kids. My child placed above average in the placement tests, now there is all sorts issues. They pull him out of his main class for help with his reading and spelling on top of speech therapy for not pronouncing one letter the right way. It takes time from his main class and the work they do. Then when home work is sent home and testing is to be done he is overwhelmed. The tutor and teacher do not collaborate the curriculum...So instead of making things easier for him they have piled 3 times the work of different lesson. When I ask the teacher why something was sent home She has no clue. My son has come home crying because of what seems to be more discouragement than encouragement. I'm debating taking him out and home schooling since I've requested a meeting 3 times now with his teacher, principle and whom ever is in charge of next years placement. The amount of homework seems a bit much for 1st grade. So much so I have often wondered what they do over 6 hours a day. I feel I'm the one having to teach him. No one seems to answer my concerns.

Posted August 01, 2013
I was a student here and I had a lot of fun. This school is awesome. The principal really cares for all the students. She is nice,fun, and funny. The teachers are awesome. All my teachers since Kindergarten were amazing. And I was proud to be a Falcon!

University Park Elementary School 1

Posted January 25, 2013
My oldest child had a difficult time last year, ridiculed by the teacher for lack of reading skills & made to stop reading at times... which is just what he wanted. When we complained to the principle, we were told no other parent had ever complained about this teacher... only to talk to previous parents who vigorously complained previously. The principle sticks up for her teachers & doesn't listen to parents, nor will she document parents concerns. This year my son has a much better teacher & is recommended for the gifted program. Now my daughter is struggling so the teacher wrote that she would be pulled out regularly for a reading program... which has NOT been done. When they see a need there should be followthrough, but there isn't. The principle backs her teachers 100% even to the point of lying for them & refuses to listen to concerned parents.

University Park Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2013
Can I give this school NO stars? My child attended this school for several years. I have had problems with the teachers and especially the principal disregarding my wishes when it came to MY child, and encouraging bad behavior by telling other children not to ask her about her actions, helping to conceal what she was going wrong, and taking her out of class so she can do ART with the counselor (you can bet my little artist liked that), among other things. No one in this school will ever teach your child there are CONSEQUENCES to their ACTIONS! They flat out refused to teach mine that. I ended up pulling my child out of this school and homeschooling. It turns out my child was very bored at this school - she is now doing better and is a grade level ahead of where she is supposed to be. Her standardized test sores have gone up, too.

Posted March 19, 2010
Our son transferred to U-Park in the middle of the school year and we have been nothing but impressed with the quality of this public school. He was anxious about starting in a new school, and we felt nothing but warmth and kindness from all of the staff- his transition went smoothly- better then we could have expected. He his challenged daily academically, there is fun recess time, plus PE, music, computers, and art. The staff is friendly and inviting and I was welcome to volunteer in his classroom. There is a very active PTA and always different activities being offered. This school is one of the best in the area and I feel fortunate our child is able to attend here. If you are moving to Fairbanks from another area, I would strongly consider living in this school district, you will not be disappointed.

University Park Elementary School
554 Loftus Rd, Fairbanks, AK  99709
Last modified University Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.