Posted March 22, 2010
My student is in a 5th grade/6th grade split class. They say there are too many students in his grade, so they mixed the two grades together. Now it's March and we find out there are 4th graders in this class as well. During parent teacher conferences we sat in the hallway outside my son's classroom for an hour waiting to be seen. We finally just gave up. Last year in a different school his grades were 4 A's and 1 B. This last report card was 2 F's, 2 D's and a C. Thanks for nothing Hunter.

Posted November 28, 2009

Posted November 27, 2009
I am extremely unsatisfied w/the education, care and preparation that my children are receiving from this school. Whether it be the poor excuse they have for a menu that repeats ea. month (donuts/2 moz. sticks & fruit) to the lack of teaching that occures. My son's teacher informed us that they are an 'L1' school which means that they primarily service low income/military families, so they have to focus on getting the kids to do well on the state testing so they receive as much gov. funding as they can (2hr R, W, M, 30m Sc, SS) A computer rm & science lab that isn't used. Kids r required to go to the counselor reg. No Art teacher. My 6th grader rarely has homework and has yet to write a bk report -it's now the end of Nov. & when confronted w/our concerns, don't make any changes.

Hunter Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2009
Hunter Elem School has been positive for my son, a SE student, and he is more confident. Also, its diverse student body. The teachers are allies of the students, and the ESSA staff are excellent. And Mrs. Pile, Principle, is an advocate for her students.

Posted July 12, 2005
A very excellent diverse school. I would highly recommend sending your child to this school. My daughter was reading before finishing Kindergarten. Excellent staff.

Posted April 06, 2005
- a former student

Posted February 13, 2004

Hunter Elementary School
1630 Gillam Way, Fairbanks, AK  99701
Last modified Hunter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunter Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.