Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have went too joy before for 1,2, and 3rd grade and in all those grades i have met many amazing people in my life and learned very mich from this school. This school was a one of a kind alone and i hope your child can have the experience of joy elementary.

Teachers are lazy and self-centered. They just don't care and are only there for the $$.

My family and I just moved from Alaska and Joy Elementary was our school. The staff,teachers, PTA and parent were great, fantastic even. 2 of my children graduated there and all 3 of my children just enjoyed their whole experience durning their time at Joy. I love, love this school. I had to share because if you are looking for a good school Joy is the place to be.

The teachers do not take the time to teach, they are often on their phones, texting, playing games, sending the kids to the computer lab and doing minimal teaching. My two kids have declined in their education since they've moved into this school. The extra curricular sections (library, music, behavior, PE) are severely lacking. Bullying is also a concern and an issue amongst students. It is not encouraged for parents to come and volunteer, except for field trips. There is a new principal, I have seen some good changes since her arrival; I am hopeful that things will improve, but not hopeful that they will improve enough.

I was a student at Joy Elementary for seven years, from kindergarden to sixth grade, and I have to say I had a wonderful time, and nothing but good memories remain with me. I am a junior in college up at the university now, and one of my classes has me doing a project on the Education system in our nation, and in our community specifically. I would just like to say, that I appreciate the education I received from this school, and the remarkable teachers who shaped my mind and gave me the opportunity to expand and grow in a safe and fun environment. So I would like to give a huge thanks to the teachers, and peers who started me on my journey as a student and allowed me to be the best I could be.

I love this school. The principle and staff are friendly and approachable. I know if there is something going on with any of my children I can walk in and talk to the principle. My oldest has been going to this school for 3 years and when we move this school will be one of the #1 things I will miss.

You just cannot find a more supportive and loving staff who make learning fun for the kids.

I love the supervision of the kids(there's ALWAYS an adult within earshot--for any trouble happening)--AND--I am always greeted with a smile when I walk the halls.

They are a great one on one school. They keep there parents informed and do lots of parent child activities sponsered by the PTA.

Joy elementary is great for my child she expierences hands on project and every day mathematics. Her grade have sky rocketted since she has had Ms. Monica Chi.

Last modified Joy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.