Salcha Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2013
I ended up pulling my child out of this school and homeschooling. One part of the problem: There was a lockdown at this school and I received a vague automated message about it. I called the school and although the secretary knew me she refused to give me any details, including the location of my child! The other issue (and it's a big one) was my child's teacher. He had a weight problem. I say this because of what he ended up teaching my child. He threw "Junk food parties" weekly. I did not know what to send with my child one day and I sent a bottle of grape juice. When my child returned home with the juice I asked why and was told "Junk food only, this wasn't allowed." Another instance this teacher had a camp out with the students overnight, and apparently taught the students to play "fluffy bunny". This is a game in which children try to shove the most amount of marshmallows in their mouths at once, and the one who eats the most wins! My child did not eat junk food before attending this school. Three years later and she can not kick the habit. One of the most obese nations on earth, and they teach this in "school". Oh yes, "great teachers" they have there!

Salcha Elementary School 5

Posted March 03, 2010
I used to be a student there, and without them, I wouldn't keep on the honor roll. They deserve recognition.

Salcha Elementary School 5

Posted March 03, 2010

Salcha Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2005
Wonderful school with acute attention to reading. Very small teacher student ratio. Good ski program.

Salcha Elementary School
8530 Richardson Hwy, Fairbanks, AK  99701
Last modified Salcha Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salcha Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top