Bad
Good

This school has extremely poor communication. Every other parent I have talked to has the same issue. The only solution is to be able to go to the school when you have an issue which is quite unfortunate for families where both parents work full-time. Also the pick-up and drop-off is a disaster. It is disorganized with absolutely no accountability.

Arctic Light has good and bad. The school lunches ARE horrible. Thankfully, sending a lunch from home is always an option. As far as education goes there however, it can go both ways. I ended up pulling my twin sixth graders out of school and homeschooling them last year, because there was absolutely no control in the classroom, and learning was greatly hindered by it. I had a 1st grade teacher I really struggled with as well. However, this year, I have a 2nd and 4th grader with two of the best teachers we have ever had (and I've had kids in 13 schools). They have well behaved classes, and the learning that takes place in their classrooms is awesome. There are definitely some flukes with the school. They do have some bad apples. But, they have some amazing gems as well. I think the principal has a great presence and truly seems to listen. Basically, I'd suggest giving it a chance. Based on last years experiences I would have said avoid it like the plague, but this year has proven to me that even schools can be misjudged and badly represented at times. We are sad to be moving away from the great classrooms we have this year

it is not the best school if anything it is the most horrible school my daughter has been to yet. now she has moved a lot and she really loves school she always get A's and B's but in this school she has a horrible education! the school lunch makes her sick the other kids at that school are disrespectful and push other kids around. If you are reading this and you're child goes to this school maybe ask them what they think about the school and put them in a school where they can learn in a peaceful environment!!!

After almost two years with this school we took our son out because he was falling behind. They were unable to assist him with his learning disabilities and they simply did not want to deal with it. I would suggest an off post school to anyone. There are a few right out of the gates. They do not have a good special ed program if you can even call it that. Too many students and not enough teachers as well.

The teachers really care and look out for their students. The principle is very nice and friendly and always willing to find and do what is best for the students.

cares, loveable, concern, family, respectable, dependable, etc I honestly can say I trust & have NO worries while my children attends school here. They are awesome & u can rely on them like your own family!

My son started this year and i am not thrilled with the teacher, or the principle. or the teachers aid. I feel unwelcomed i have offered to volunteer and there rude to me i think its because im young.

This school is very comfortable. To complain about the curriculum would be a district and state issue. So, as far as the school ios concerned, I am very happy. I volunteer every week, I feel welcome and appreciated.

Awsome school with excellent teachers who truly care about the well being of our children

Last modified Arctic Light Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.