Posted October 29, 2012
My son was at Aurora last year for Kindergarten and for the first 4 weeks of First grade this year till we had to move due to a PCS. Everyone at Aurora was fabulous with our son. He was in the resource program and I can't say enough great things about Mrs. Lester and her staff of aides. They all worked with our son and helped him through any stressors he was having at the time. We were very sad we had to leave this year as his first grade teacher Mrs. Penn as his first grade year was going great. His last day was filled with tears from the staff and us and our son misses all of his teachers that he had at Aurora.

Posted March 20, 2009
Excellent school! My son atteneded for 3 years and we have very fond memories of Aurora, as well as the teachers, staff and principal.

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted July 31, 2007

Posted May 02, 2007
I am deeply impressed with the academic programs available at the school. They have accelerated reading (reading club), ignite (for gifted students), tutorial (before and after school), and a few other programs. They also have a choir, orchestra, basic band, and chess club. The availability of parent involvement is tremendous. I should know because I am a volunteer at the school. There are quite a parents that spend over 20 hours a week dedicating there time Xeroxing, reading, chaperoning, fundraising, and donating (books, coats, hats, and gloves) to the school.

Posted February 25, 2006
Aurora is wonderful. It has been our school for 5 years. The staff is awesome. There are extra activities that the kids love. The office staff is great too!

Posted January 10, 2006
This school is great. My kids love it. Lots of parent involvement and volunteers. Great admin staff too.

Aurora Elementary School
5085 10th St, Jber, AK  99506
Last modified Aurora Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aurora Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.