Orion Elementary School 1

Posted October 20, 2014
We use to love this school. It was a big happy family. The staff have always been wonderful. The new Principal has changed this school for the worse. The staff doesn't look happy anymore. I have witnessed her talking disrespectful to staff members. She puts them down. This lady has to go. She is ruining a great school. We are going to pull our kids out until she leaves. We have talked to several other who feel the same way.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 08, 2011
I have been really pleased with the special education pre-school program. My son's teacher is Miss Libby and she is wonderful with the children. She has a structured enviroment and she always has a smile on her face. I am not familiar w/ the elementary program, but the current principal seems really friendly. The school nurse is accessible and highly organized.

Orion Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2009
My son attended Orion for the past three years. We have been very happy with his progress and he continues to maintain 'advanced' on standardized testing. The teachers are good and as far as the principal goes, she runs a tight ship! It's not always easy to run a school especially when you have parents that do not parent which we see alot of on base!

Orion Elementary School 0

Posted June 29, 2009
The teachers were wonderful, and truly cared deeply for the children. I had 3 children in Orion for 3 years. The principle is rude to parents, dismiss parential concerns for children's safety. We purchased a home off base to remove our children from the care of the principle.

Orion Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2008
My son attended this one year, and it was the longest year of my life. He was in the forced moved from Aurora( after attending there for 3 years) after it was decided by the wonderful Anchorage School district to re-zone. Orion was a horrible experience for us. The principal is rude and yells at the kids constantly....not an appealling setting.

Posted July 31, 2007

Posted February 10, 2005
this is a great school. i am a 6th grade student and i couldnt ask for a better school to attend. thankyou 2 every1, from allison and mary.

Posted January 13, 2005
My 9 year old attended this school K-3 and we were consistently pleased with the quality of each of her teachers. I was always informed of her progress and her teachers were very flexible in scheduling parent/teacher conferences (sometimes a challenge with two working parents). Definitely recommend this school.

Orion Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2003

Orion Elementary School
5112 Arctic Warrior Dr, Jber, AK  99506
Last modified Orion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orion Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top