Bad
Good

We transferred with 3 months left in the school year and from day 1, we have had a positive experience. The class room size is around 20 kids and my child is learning more about music, gym, reading, writing, and math than at their previous school. The 3rd grade teacher is awesome!

We use to love this school. It was a big happy family. The staff have always been wonderful. The new Principal has changed this school for the worse. The staff doesn't look happy anymore. I have witnessed her talking disrespectful to staff members. She puts them down. This lady has to go. She is ruining a great school. We are going to pull our kids out until she leaves. We have talked to several other who feel the same way.

I have been really pleased with the special education pre-school program. My son's teacher is Miss Libby and she is wonderful with the children. She has a structured enviroment and she always has a smile on her face. I am not familiar w/ the elementary program, but the current principal seems really friendly. The school nurse is accessible and highly organized.

My son attended Orion for the past three years. We have been very happy with his progress and he continues to maintain 'advanced' on standardized testing. The teachers are good and as far as the principal goes, she runs a tight ship! It's not always easy to run a school especially when you have parents that do not parent which we see alot of on base!

The teachers were wonderful, and truly cared deeply for the children. I had 3 children in Orion for 3 years. The principle is rude to parents, dismiss parential concerns for children's safety. We purchased a home off base to remove our children from the care of the principle.

My son attended this one year, and it was the longest year of my life. He was in the forced moved from Aurora( after attending there for 3 years) after it was decided by the wonderful Anchorage School district to re-zone. Orion was a horrible experience for us. The principal is rude and yells at the kids constantly....not an appealling setting.

Last modified Orion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.