Bad
Good

Gastineau Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2013
The only good things about this school are the music & P.E. programs. There is an extreme amount of bullying (especially physical) & a general lack of involvement by the staff to do anything about it. The kindergarten teachers are amazing but I'm otherwise unimpressed by any other teachers.

Posted April 24, 2010
It involves the neighborhood population, young and old, in so many positive ways.

Posted April 16, 2010
The early K-1 classes are second to none. I wouldn't want my daughter anywhere else period. I've been very impressed.

Gastineau Elementary School

Posted September 23, 2008
gastineau is a wonderful school with a rich cultural and artistic feel. they offer tlingit language and culture classes at every grade, guitar club during recesses, and a class set of 30 kids guitars. it's a great school

Posted September 06, 2007
We've had a great experience with Gastineau. The principal is great and we've been pleased with all our kids' teachers. One of the things I find nice about the Gastineau communitiy is there is lots of interaction between different grades, so the kids make friends with older and younger school mates.

Gastineau Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2007
My children have attended this school for 2.5 years. I went to a different community (the Anchorage, Alaska area) for my own schooling and they came with me, enrolling in a different public school in a different district. I discovered both my children were an entire grade level behind in basic academics; my daughter at a pre-primer level in some areas as a second grader. I was shocked since all I ever heard at my parent/teacher conferences with Gastineau was how great my kids were doing. The new school was a blessing, and had a brilliant motto: We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit. I hope this review helps.

Gastineau Elementary School
1507 3rd St, Juneau, AK  99801
(907) 463-1999
Last modified Gastineau Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gastineau Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top