Public charter
Juneau, AK

Posted October 12, 2008
My son is going on 7 years at this school - Having attended Juneau Schools as a youth, and had my daughter (now an adult) attend Juneau schools - where, as a parent I was NOT welcome in the classroom - I was determined to find better for my son. JCCS is the BEST that Juneau has to offer!

Posted May 23, 2008
I went to this school for 5 years. It has a great arts program and has a lot of hands on and social aspects.

Posted May 23, 2007
Juneau is a wonderful town, filled with interesting, active, and engaged people. From what I know, our school system is excellent across the board. None-the-less, I pulled my first two children out of a great neighborhood elementary school when a slot came open in Juneau Community Charter School. I work every trimester in class, help out with cleaning, activities, and the daily drive is taxing (by Juneau standards). But I know every one of my children's classmates, I know most of their parents, and they know me. We care about each other. The school is intentionally small (66 in three classes K-6), and absolutely a community if you choose to participate. Both of my children are thriving. Good luck.

Juneau Community Charter School
430 Fourth St, Juneau, AK  99801
Last modified Juneau Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Juneau Community Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top