Posted February 20, 2013
My first grader loves this school. It recently just started operating a kiln for clay sculptures to go further with the already impressive art program. Love all the programs, I volunteer enough to know the insides of this school and it's amazing. It's a charter school that is very much part of the public school system, it's not elitist or entitled, but there is much to be proud of. To teach kids different schematics of learning, instead of one main teaching model to fit your circle into a square, it gives every child the opportunity to learn whats best for them. It's pretty great to see your kid proud of themselves.

Posted March 08, 2010
Wonderful Teachers Admin & Attitude

Posted October 27, 2009
A safe, creative and inspiring learning environment! This is the school we all wish we could have gone to as children. The teachers are hard working, highly educated, and in tune with the students. Parent involvement is encouraged and appreciated. KSAS is a wonderful school for my three children and I would recommend it to anyone!

Posted April 01, 2009
Science, music, and art all work together to make this school different. Our child is experimenting and learning concepts I did not get exposed to until junior high. The students get to learn 'hands on' and they love it. We get to volunteer as much as we want. The school actually encourages it. I pray that they will add more grades to the program so she can keep growing with Kaleidoscope. Thanks for a job well done.

Posted February 23, 2009

Posted October 14, 2008
I was apprehensive at first about Charter Schools in general. I have since become an advocate and have even spoken publicly about my experiences. I wish that I could have attended this school as a child. My children love this learning environment and I love to be welcomed to participate in there education and the specific direction of the school. The teachers are wonderful and highly educated, most have masters degrees. I do feel however, that at the administrative level that a 'select' few run 'everything' just like a traditional school now and most parents would not see a difference between a charter school and a traditional school. I would love to see the optimism, excitement and innovation return to KSAS but I would still very much recommend this school to anyone in Kenai, Nikiski or Soldotna.

Posted October 14, 2008
KSAS is a wonderful school for my kinder and 1st grader. I believe that the teachers are up to date, cohesive, challenging, and provide a direction to all students. The administration is somewhat lacking in the fact that they dont do enough to allow each child to experience all facets of school life. However, I dont agree that there are a 'select few' who run the school. There is the APC ( as well as the PTA) that governs a 'Charter School'. That is the difference between a 'public school'. The APC is made up of a few parents, the principal, as well as outside community members. They serve to provide the school a forum in which any and all parents or community members can communicate directly with the administration of the staff at KSAS. If you want to see changes, attend an APC meeting and make your voice heard.

Posted August 18, 2008
I moved to kenai when my son was very young so my kids could attend this school... The families and staff all work well to ensure a great outcome for our children...

Posted August 07, 2008

Posted February 28, 2008
Teachers are very helpful, and freindly. Lots of activities for families to get involved!

Kaleidoscope School Of Arts & Sciences
549 North Forest Dr, Kenai, AK  99611
Last modified Kaleidoscope School Of Arts & Sciences is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kaleidoscope School Of Arts & Sciences Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top