East Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
I would give this school no stars if I could! My son and I came to kodiak 3 years ago and East Elementry was the school we chose for my son to attend because everyone was saying how great this school was! But I've had nothing but bad experience with this school so has my son! My son is a bright student and loves school! Due to bullies at this school he hates it! 60-70 students at recess and 1 adult watching them while playing! Bullying is horrible at this school! Students are unsupervised! I've watched kids get picked on and harldly anything is done about the bullying in this school! They never notify the parent when something happens! Classrooms are old and dirty! The kitchen is disgusting!

Posted March 18, 2011
You couldn't ask for a better school, and staff. A special shout out to Mrs.Holcum, who I sincerely believe is one of the worlds best teachers.

Posted October 04, 2010
My children have had excellent experiences throughout their years at East Elementary. The staff and administrators really seem to care for each individual child.

Posted April 05, 2010
I love this school! It was great when I attended and now it's proven to be a great place for my children. Teachers and staff are the best in town.

Posted April 04, 2010
East Elementary is a great school to work at. The staff, parents and students make up a fun and successful learning community. Our SBA scores back up our schools success at setting high expectations and philosophy of education. Staff welcomes ideas and involvement from parents and community members. Kodiak is a fantastic place to work! While it might not have some of the things and activities the 'main land' offers, the sense of community and citizenship that resonates here helps in developing success for students and makes me enjoy what I do.

Posted April 02, 2010
I would highly recommend East Elementary to any parent. My children have excelled at this school through the great teachers, school programs and school functions that include the whole family. Mr. Malloy is an amazing teacher that has made a difference in my child's life.

Posted May 28, 2009
My son loves going to East Elementary school. He has been able to make books, participate in a class play, work on a laptop daily, read for Reading Counts, attend fun field trips and be held accountable for his behavior when he needed it. I appreciate Mr. Malloy's dedication and energy in making East Elementary a positive experience for his students. My son is a better student and person for being able to be in Mr. Malloy's classroom.

East Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
East has been a great fit for my son. He loves his teacher and is excited to put on his backpack and start each day there. He is challenged in class on the units taught. I have been able to attend school activities throughout the year.

East Elementary School
200 Benny Benson Dr, Kodiak, AK  99615
Last modified East Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top