Swanson Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
I like how the school is k-3rd grade, but my child seems bored most of the time. Granted it seems to be a case by case. I have swung by there a few times and it seems teachers lack control from all students in their classroom as i will stop by and there is students across the rooms talking without close supervision. I have also been contacted over issues that should have been handled by the Swanson Staff.

Swanson Elementary School 2

Posted January 03, 2008
While Most of the teachers and staff are freindly and welcoming, the academics are below average and my children are bored 90% of the time. Also they only have PE once or twice a week and there is no art at all. My son enjoys his freinds, but learns more at home than at school.

Swanson Elementary School 5

Posted November 13, 2007
My son is in first grade at Swanson and loves it. He had the same teacher in Kindergarten last year and he likes her a lot. The teacher is amazing and keeps the kids in check giving them a safe learning environment. This year I am not able to help in class like I did the year before and his teacher still keeps me informed. The music and gym teachers are also wonderful. The office staff knows my name and the staff will stop you and make sure you are supposed to be there if you do not have the sticker. I am very pleased with Swanson and hope that Sherrod can excel as well when my son starts there.

Swanson Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2007
I love that it is only 3 grades and is kept small. You get the family feel from all the staff, and everyone knows everyone. Great School!

Swanson Elementary School 5

Posted October 05, 2006
This is a great school! I like that the grades are from Pre-K to 2nd. Then the students go next door to Sherrod Elem. for 3rd to 5th. That helps keep the younger students from being picked on or influenced by the older students. Parents and teachers are very involved here, with lots of community support.

Swanson Elementary School
507 North Gulkana, Palmer, AK  99645
Last modified Swanson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Swanson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top