Bad
Good

Posted May 18, 2015
When we arrived here two years ago I took our children (then entering K, 2, 4) to tour the school. We were warmly welcomed by the front office staff and the principal walked us around, introduced us to staff in the building, and answered our questions unhurriedly. Since then our children have had excellent, caring teachers and have thrived here. They have taken advantage of cross country, track, basketball, Lego robotics club, yearbook, chorus, band, young writers conference, and have attended many events put on by an active PTA. I have really appreciated the overall tenor of the school. They espouse excellence and responsibility, yet know how to "let kids be kids" by allowing holiday, birthday, and other celebrations that lend to a happy environment. I highly recommend this school!

Posted April 22, 2013
I transferred my daughter in here after a couple years at a private school. I was initially very nervous but am extremely pleased with the academics. Not only have they met my expectations they have exceeded them. I am also impressed with the way there are alternatives for the kids who need to be challenged. The principal seems to be quite involved and her teacher is amazing. I was given good opportunity to volunteer and see what was going on in the class and get to know everyone. Excellent school my daughters test scores have soared here!!

Posted December 20, 2010
This is the best school that our daughter has went to in the Mat Su School District. The staff, teachers and principal are just amazing. My daughter just loves this school, she says it the best school she's went to yet. One of the greatest things about the school is the way they help the kids go the distance. The believe in the student, and their abilities.

Pioneer Peak Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2010
We had an awful time at this school. My children were assaulted by students and bullied from the very first day of arrival. We had never been treated like this before at any of the schools in this community. Furthermore, it was over looked by the teachers and staff. We had to pull are children out and home school. They are terrified to go back to any school now and sadly are in therapy for it. I have heard many parents stories about Pioneer Peak since. I have a close friend that is experiencing the same problems I did. When I spoke with other schools in the area they as well knew about this schools reputation. Why is nothing being done. I went through all the appropriate steps and nothing was done. This is such a terrible shame and dangerous.

Posted September 18, 2008
I can't say enough about this school. Our children love this school and have many friends and love their teachers and the principal really does care about our children.The office staff does a great job at making you feel welcome and is always there when you need them. The teachers are fantastic and want the best for our children. Way to go!

Pioneer Peak Elementary School

Posted December 12, 2007
My child loves going to school & can't wait to see her teacher & classmates. It's her first year in school & what a great start.

Posted August 28, 2005
Pioneer Peak is an excellent school. The teachers there get to know the kids and what their needs are. They not only work with them in class, but also offer suggestions to parents on how to reinforce school curriculum that will continue the progress of the students at home. The entire staff gets to know your child so that the kids feel like they are in a close-knit, family oriented environment. Pioneer Peak has a well-rounded program offering core instruction which incorporates physical education, music, and art. The staff makes every effort to keep the environment safe and nurturing and have worked closely with parents in the past to continue to enhance this environment. PTA and parents in general are welcomed into the school and encouraged to participate in their children's classroom whenever possible. Pioneer Peak is an excellent partner in education for our children.

Posted August 16, 2005
The staff members at this school have CONSISTANTLY gone above and beyond the call of duty when providing education for my children. They also have provided care, understanding, love, and support to me and my children in the wake of my wife's untimely passing. Words cannot describe my gratitude! I lament having to move my children to another school in a neighboring district. Parents if you are looking to move to this school service area you'd be hard pressed to find a better staff in all of ALASKA!

Pioneer Peak Elementary School
1959 North Trunk Rd, Palmer, AK  99645
Last modified Pioneer Peak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.