Bad
Good

When we arrived here two years ago I took our children (then entering K, 2, 4) to tour the school. We were warmly welcomed by the front office staff and the principal walked us around, introduced us to staff in the building, and answered our questions unhurriedly. Since then our children have had excellent, caring teachers and have thrived here. They have taken advantage of cross country, track, basketball, Lego robotics club, yearbook, chorus, band, young writers conference, and have attended many events put on by an active PTA. I have really appreciated the overall tenor of the school. They espouse excellence and responsibility, yet know how to "let kids be kids" by allowing holiday, birthday, and other celebrations that lend to a happy environment. I highly recommend this school!

I transferred my daughter in here after a couple years at a private school. I was initially very nervous but am extremely pleased with the academics. Not only have they met my expectations they have exceeded them. I am also impressed with the way there are alternatives for the kids who need to be challenged. The principal seems to be quite involved and her teacher is amazing. I was given good opportunity to volunteer and see what was going on in the class and get to know everyone. Excellent school my daughters test scores have soared here!!

This is the best school that our daughter has went to in the Mat Su School District. The staff, teachers and principal are just amazing. My daughter just loves this school, she says it the best school she's went to yet. One of the greatest things about the school is the way they help the kids go the distance. The believe in the student, and their abilities.

We had an awful time at this school. My children were assaulted by students and bullied from the very first day of arrival. We had never been treated like this before at any of the schools in this community. Furthermore, it was over looked by the teachers and staff. We had to pull are children out and home school. They are terrified to go back to any school now and sadly are in therapy for it. I have heard many parents stories about Pioneer Peak since. I have a close friend that is experiencing the same problems I did. When I spoke with other schools in the area they as well knew about this schools reputation. Why is nothing being done. I went through all the appropriate steps and nothing was done. This is such a terrible shame and dangerous.

I can't say enough about this school. Our children love this school and have many friends and love their teachers and the principal really does care about our children.The office staff does a great job at making you feel welcome and is always there when you need them. The teachers are fantastic and want the best for our children. Way to go!

My child loves going to school & can't wait to see her teacher & classmates. It's her first year in school & what a great start.

Last modified Pioneer Peak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.