Palmer, AK
Students enrolled: 1,187

Posted May 18, 2015
We have been very pleased with our son's experience at Colony High School. It has provided him with a safe, solid learning environment and, being new to the mat-su valley, he made great friends quickly. The coaching staff for cross country, nordic skiing, and track are excellent!

Posted May 21, 2012
I have a 9th grader and being a KNIGHT has been the best experience EVER for him. He looks forward to school with his peers and really enjoys all his classes. He's involved with hockey and enjoys the coaches and teammates as well. We couldn't be happier with our choice to be a KNIGHT

Posted January 19, 2011
Colony is an amazing school, I am a 9th grader at Colony and it is GREAT. The teachers are extremely helpful and care about your succes. Colony has more advanced classes than any school in the valley, witch looks great for college. Colonys goal is to prepare you for life, and for college. College credit is available for most classes for a extremely cheap price. If you have kids going there tell them to take Hopkins tech apps class, He is a great teacher.

Posted August 22, 2010
The staff at this school really goes out of their way to help students succeed. Standards of behavior and academic performance are HIGH. Kids are expected to do their best and given the support they need to achieve. The principals and front office staff at the school treat parents like we are the custormer--which we are! It's the best school our children have attended anywhere and all 4 of our kids have loved it. Our two oldest say they got the best preparation possible for college because of the high quality of teaching and all the AP classes available to them. It would be nice if more parents attended the monthly principal's parent forum, but I know the principal does everything she can to get parents involved. We are just busy I guess.

Colony High School 4

Posted June 07, 2010
I went to this school in the 9th grade and loved it. Everyone was so nice to me. Teachers were great. I had this one math teacher who would take time out of her lunch break to help me with my math. Loved choir. Only thing though was it was weird to have drivers ed on a simulator. Moved out of state to WA sucky school then to CA the worst no programs of any kind. You have to fundraise like no tomorrow here always asking for $. Still there's nothing.

Posted April 26, 2010
I spent my high school days at Colony and loved it. I only had one teacher which I deem to have not liked me very much, however, she was still an excellent teacher. If you're thinking about sending your children here, make sure they get McKenney for a teacher. He is fantastic. This school has teachers who care about you and are willing to work with you in order for you to be able to get what you need to get done. Drama program is amazing, not from experience, but from watching plays. Great school. By the far the best of all the Valley schools.

Posted April 26, 2010
I am a parent and I do not agree with the parent involvement rating. I think every parent is as involved as they choose to be. Colony has iParent so they can check on their children's grades. I'd call that involved.

Posted January 03, 2010
I attend Colony High, and this is my second year of attendance. I am thoroughly content with the classes, teachers, and student body as a whole. Colony has a great music program, a good drama program, athletics are always considered a priority as well as education. There's much less drug usage compared to Wasilla and Palmer. Colony High School tomorrows are given high standards and expected to be kind and respectful to one another. If you're looking for a well-rounded school in the valley, Colony High is the right choice for you.

Posted April 16, 2009
My son has been at Colony High for three years now. This school is probably the best one in the valley. The staff work hard to offer classes to fit student's needs instead of teacher wants. The principal, Mrs. Duffin, is wonderful. She puts the needs of the students first and works hard to make Colony an environment where students will succeed.

Posted December 22, 2008
We only moved here in July, but we are really blessed to have moved into this school district! The only marching band in the state of Alaska resides here! And they have been invited to go to march in the Inaugural Parade in Washington D.C.! How cool is that! We also like the fact that anything below 70% is considered failing. Our daughter is learing atleast as much as she was at her previous school, and it s a huge relief that the popular crowd here isn t the one that do drugs (like at the schools where we came from), but the athlete/brains! Sure, if you don t fit in that category (and she doesn t, quite), it s a bit harder, but she s not being pressured to do drugs, and she s got quite a few people that she at least knows and who know her, and as always, her best friends are in or around the band.

Colony High School
9550 East Colony School Dr, Palmer, AK  99645
Last modified Colony High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colony High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top