Sitka, AK

Pacific High School 1

Posted April 10, 2010
When I first attended PHS it was great the teachers were nice the students were a little rough but ok and welcoming. I was quiet and shy but the PHS staff helped me build my charactor and come out of my box. They had me convinced that in a time of need or crisis they were who I or any student could depend on but that was very false! The year I graduated I went through a mulitiple loss in my life boyfriend, both our children, and my house burnt down. I went back to PHS to talk to someone because I was on the brink of ( Extreme Thoughts!) I was turned away not only one time either. In a desperate attempt to get help I moved away. It was the worst feeling to be turned away from counslers who say they are there for students but are not.

Pacific High School 5

Posted May 06, 2004
I have been a student at Pacific High School for 6 months and am now leaving to go back home elsewere. If I could take this school with me I deffinately would, there is more school pride in this school than in the rest of Alaska combined. If you are looking to find what school you want you teen to attend in Sitka, this is the one. everybody fits in here. In Pacific High School 'We are Crew, not Passengers'. We are like our own little community in a little town, we treat each other with respect and we get respect from others. The students here have taken the initiative to attend school board meetings and they themselves saved this school from being shut down. pacific High is excellent and I recomend it for anyone.

Pacific High School