Bad
Good
1 OVERALL RATING

I have two sons who went to SES. My oldest attended from K-5th grade and my youngest is still attending and started off there and will be going into the 3rd grade. There are teachers here who are excellent! We attend the school functions and I have supported the PTA in volunteering as well as donating. I believe that you can make a difference if you are a part of your community. However, our experience with administration and the IEP coordination for our son on the spectrum has been un-gratifying. My oldest was bullied and we did not receive support until we twisted their arm with a report to the superintendent. My son was labeled defiant. As my son is moving on to middle school this year, I asked him what he hopes will be his experience there, and he responded with: "I hope they are more understanding to what I have than SES was. There are things that I did that I could not help, and I would constantly get in trouble. They were always watching what I did wrong." We encourage our son to remember the positive experiences he had with some teachers and a couple of friends. We hope that the counselor works with mediation and the administration becomes familiar with special needs.

Last modified Sterling Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.