Wasilla, AK
Before care: Yes

Posted August 15, 2007

Goose Bay Elementary School 0

Posted July 01, 2007
I have been involved in this school for over 5 years now I have had 2 children attend GooseBay but in recent years I have pulled my children out of the school and placed them in Big Lake where we have seen a great turn around in them with their studies. Goose Bay is not a bad school it is just over crowded and has gone threw a lot of changes in the past couple of years. Give them a chance they will shine agian. Marylee

Goose Bay Elementary School 5

Posted June 05, 2007
my child has gone to this school for 6 years, and she loves it!

Goose Bay Elementary School 5

Posted March 29, 2007
in my eyes goose bay is the best school I have ever been to I have had problums but only small ones but they still took them serously and were delt with promptly. there staff works together to make it comfortable for parents to attend the classrooms and the staff works together to make the school day run smoothly. belive me sometimes this is a challange but most of the time they can pull it off. I am very proud of this school and feel they deserve the recongnishion for this some way some how. thanks

Posted September 20, 2006
I have a second grader who started in the middle of last year, she was sorry to have to go back this year. The school is way too overcrowded. They have come up with the solution to build another elementary next to this one, during the current school year. No event is ever very well coordinated, or even coordinated. Parents had no idea what was going on because there was never a note sent home.

Goose Bay Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2005
Goosebay is extremely overcrowed and there is an issue over busing some students to Big Lake elem., about a 25 minute ride conservatively. We fought the district with petitions and won our students another year but no long term solution has yet to be found. Unfortunately the students closest to the school will be the ones who have to leave next year. I bought a home 3 blocks away so we could be close and it ended up we would have been better to be further out as they get to stay. I also feel it is lowering my property value due to the long bus ride a child would have to take on a very winding road. Our area is growing fast and poor city planning/poor insight from the district is costing us all. The only answer is more schools. We have all the problems that come with overcrowding.

Posted March 26, 2005

Goose Bay Elementary School
6400 Hollywood Blvd, Wasilla, AK  99687
Last modified Goose Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Goose Bay Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top