Posted February 17, 2014
The teachers are hit and miss. The 5th grade curriculum does not prepare the student for middle school. When asked why the teachers do not allow for a parent quality check by placing the weekly assignments on line the teacher indicated it was it necessary but at the same time refuses to verify if the students translation from board to book is correct. When I expressed that my eldest is in middle school and all 6 of her teachers have time to place weekly assignments and expectations on I-parent, all the teacher could indicate is that she wasn't those teachers. The principal refuses to address the incompetent teachers which could possibly be the reason why students from this elementry struggle when they arrive to wasilla middle school. I have 3 younger children whom will not be attending this school we are selling our home to ensure our younger children are placed in a positve, nurturing environment. Parents be forewarned that the teachers will also accept mail and gifts from noncustodial parents through the school without notify the legal guardians and the principal find this type of behavior acceptable.

Posted February 09, 2012
POOR QUALITY. Both of my children are being pulled from this school, because one of their teachers relies on "activity" books as apposed to "textbooks", they play games and eat candy almost daily, or so we are told by our 4th grader. This 4th grade class has been so poor that it outweighs the great teacher my first grader has. I understand and agree that it is good for kids to enjoy their time at school and want to be there but since transferring from ANCH school last Oct my fourth grader has actually regressed in his learning ability and level. He has forgotten how to do simple mathematical equations that were learned last year, which shows there is absolutely NO reinforcement from the teacher. I spend on average two hours a night with him just re-teaching his lessons so he can complete his homework. This school, or at least the teacher is beyond unacceptable!!! We have tried to reach the principal for several days, only to get the "he's in a meeting, can he call back" response. Needless to say he has yet to call us back. We have even had issues with the bus driver and tried to contact the bus barn - same response, must be something taught from the district to the schools...

Posted January 24, 2011
Most of the teachers rely on volunteers (who are not qualified) to grade papers, as well as teach subjects. The teachers will not allow children to move forward in subjects they excel at and they do not provide additional help to all those who need it due to limited participation from the teachers. I have dished out over 600$ in tutoring and programs so my child doesn't get held back. Last year my friend pulled both her children because one was used to grade papers instead of given additional work when she was done, and the other was told he needed to be in special ed. Now her daughter is looking at skipping a grade at Cottenwood creek, and her son get A's and B's because he was given additional help. I will be pulling my children and placing them in finger lake or Cottenwood creek next year.

Iditarod Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2008
Nice teachers, fine school

Posted August 04, 2008

Iditarod Elementary School 5

Posted January 01, 2005
I believe that Iditarod is a highly devoted and educational school. Aside from Tanaina, I think this school is the best in the valley area. The children like the atmosphere and it is safe and interesting. The kids have also learned to speak little parts of Russian as well, which I believe could benefit them in the future due our large Russian population. The accuracy and well being of their school has definetely shown a lot of Husky Pride.

Iditarod Elementary School
801 North Wasilla Fishhook Rd, Wasilla, AK  99654
Last modified Iditarod Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Iditarod Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top