Snowshoe Elementary School 4

Posted July 13, 2011
I went to this school the first years that it opened and now my children have and are still going through this school. I had no problems with the school, and the teachers my daughter had, were very enthusiastic and good at working and challenging her where she was above efficiency and needed "more". She is now entering high school with a " high honor" status and earned 2 of her high school credits/classes during her 8th grade year. Sure, there were a couple teachers I would avoid having my kids with, but that is typical in any school. Overall, Snowshoe is great. I've noticed since the new "Machentanz School" was completed, people/teachers seemed to have started bad-mouthing Snowshoe and its competency. That seems to be a trend in the valley. New School = bad mouth the older/established schools! Unfortunate. Still love the valley!!!

Snowshoe Elementary School 1

Posted July 15, 2009
If you plan to stay in Alaska and grow up to work in the cannery or fishing industry than this school will be fabulous for your children if not pull and run! The entire forth grade is devoted to Alaska and the 5 types of salmon. Although I did give it one star because the staff is extremely extremely nice!

Posted April 20, 2009

Posted September 15, 2008

Posted December 06, 2007

Snowshoe Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2004
I have been extremely happy with our involvement w/Snowshoe Elem. I feel the greatest asset the school has is its teachers. I also feel that we are fortunate to have as many parents involved as there are. I often laugh at how a lot of us parents rush to sign ourselves up to go each time there is a field trip for our kids class. My husband and myself moved our family from Anch. out here to the Valley the year before my youngest started kindergarden. One of the main reasons was I didn't want our kids going to public school in Anch., we figured we would try the Valley public schools before going to private school. My youngest is almost ready for Middle School now, we'll see how that goes but for now Snowshoe has been great!

Snowshoe Elementary School
2001 West Fairview Loop, Wasilla, AK  99645
Last modified Snowshoe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Snowshoe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top