Wasilla Middle School 2

Posted July 17, 2013
Wasilla Middle School had a bad reputation in the Mat-Su Valley. Majority of the students at WMS are lower income. The learning environment is very difficult for student and the students are disrespectful to staff and other student.

Posted September 01, 2012
Dude all i have to say is i love WMS the teachers are great very helpful and easy to connect with. Im not sure what the "make you day" program is but i have never noticed it being a problem, right now we have "passports" and you dont really need them. Hah. I have a lot of friends here and i really enjoy going to wasilla middle school. By the way im in 7th grade so hah yea...

Wasilla Middle School 2

Posted May 19, 2011
I am in my 2nd year at WMS. The first year was ok, however 8th and 7th graders would tease the 6th graders, and the teachers approved of it by also saying that 6th graders "are at the bottom of the totem pole" and not sticking up for them. I am almost done with my 7th grade and I think this was the worst school year of my whole life. I can't take art class seriously since most of it seems to be elementary stuff (or is just review from last year), the Make Your Day program is just a joke, bullies seem to be everywhere, and there are no after school activities that I want. There are some nice teachers, but then you start to dislike most of them by the end of the year or by your next year.

Posted August 20, 2010
Very unhappy with the scool leadership, overcrowded, all in all this school will suck your childs soul and they will not be able to connect with the joy of learning as the school is run like a prison. On the plus side there are a few great staff members that really do love their jobs and the kids; however they are few and far between :(

Posted September 24, 2009
Parent involvement is not encouraged. Make Your Day Program is disliked by students, most consider it a 'joke'. Staff support of substitute teachers is often non-existant. Principal is not very observant and very much out of touch with what's happening in the school.

Posted January 20, 2009
dude i love this school it is the best. i never thought that a school could be so much better. when i go to school there the teacher are nice andare verey helpfull. that is all i have to say about wms.

Posted January 08, 2009
The school is great and I love how they challenge me with new concepts. I am a seventh grader and because I did so well last year I have now advanced onto Algebra 1 and am in my second year of learning the Russian language. The teachers are great and do a good job teaching.

Wasilla Middle School 0

Posted November 01, 2008
I think this is an exceptional school with great teachers!

Posted October 01, 2008

Posted February 18, 2008

Wasilla Middle School
650 Bogard Rd, Wasilla, AK  99654
Last modified Wasilla Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wasilla Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top