Wasilla, AK

Posted January 31, 2014
Wonderful teachers and wonderful staff! We will miss them so much when we move. I love that they are so family oriented. In kinder and first grade the teachers were so happy when I was able to help out. Everybody shows how much they care about the kids. Family breakfasts, the kids marathon, family movie night, Jump rope for heart.... My daughter loves her teachers and so do we!

Posted August 04, 2013
I have had 4 kids go to this School. Currently I have 2 and I Love it. The Staff is Amazing and the Teachers I've delt with have been Amazing, My kids cry at the end if the year because they don't wanna leave there teachers.!!!! :) Also they had 2 Sessions of summer school this year and my son was in both sessions and enjoyed waking up everyday to go!!!

Tanaina Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2009
eachers do not work to educate students all they work for is to get more days off !

Posted January 08, 2009
Tanaina Elementary has the most awesome office staff! They always greet you with a smile and a positive attitude. They are always willing to help in any way they can. They are fun, energetic and friendly and it is immediately obvious that they truly care about the staff, students & parents. Five stars is not enough to reflect my feelings regarding the office staff (including the school nurse) at Tanaina. The front office is always decorated nicely for the seasons/holidays. Tanaina's office staff ROCKS!

Posted October 15, 2008
this school is perfect expecialy Mr Locher!

Tanaina Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2007
My daughter has been a student at Tanaina since kindergarten and is now in fifth grade. Like any school , there are positives and negatives. The new principal is energetic and hardworking. Too much emphasis is placed on making math 'fun' ainstead of teaching the fundamentals.

Tanaina Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2005
I don't agree with the no child left behind act and this school supports that act no matter what! for that my child must go onto middle school un able to do the work they will ask of my child. Then what?

Posted September 28, 2004
My Son has attended this school since first grade. I have nothing but great thoughts about the principal and the teachers. The teachers that we have had have all worked with my son and I to give him extra work when he gets finished with assinged projects/homework. I do not believe that there is a problem with discipline in the school, nor with the fact that kids are not learning. We do have a large population of Russian immigrants. Some, if not most I have met know very little english when they come to the school. The principal and all school administrators are doing a wonderful job of intergrating the Russian students into the school body.

Tanaina Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2004
Certain ethnic students do not receive the same degree of punishment that other students do. Tanaina is trying too hard to exercise diplomacy, leading to unfair punishment placed upon the other students when provoked fights arise on the school grounds. We parents have demanded that this matter be addressed and resolved, yet we see no changes. This is a sensitive issue to discuss, yet it must be handled. Our children should not be placed in a hostile learning environment, yet this is exactly what is happening. Another issue at hand is the high number of unprepared students coming from Tanaina Elementary, & graduating to middle school. Tanaina need to consider the scores reflected on the 'greatschools.org' website. Core subjects need to be emphasized, and taught aggressively. Also, our children need a clear understanding of their studies while in the classroom to effectively complete their homework at home.

Tanaina Elementary School
2550 Lucille St, Wasilla, AK  99654
Last modified Tanaina Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tanaina Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top