PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 13, 2015
My son was spit on by one of the "beloved" children and not believed until a witness came forward to corroborate his story. Another child spread nasty rumors about him and bullied the other kids into not playing with him. My child sat alone at recess countless days. It breaks my heart every time I think about what the teachers, staff, and students put him through, and how long I allowed this abuse to continue.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 12, 2015
All they care about is making the principal happy, and all the principal cares about is having easy, perfect children who sit quietly in the classroom, and for God's sake, don't show ANY emotion!

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 12, 2015
All they needed to do is let my son type his assignments. They would not make even the slightest accomodation for his diagnosed (mild) learning disability.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
The only students respected are the ones who have parents who are rich enough to have a stay at home parent who can volunteer at the school

Posted August 12, 2015
I have fought writing this review for almost a year, because I am Catholic, and don't want to "bash" a Catholic school, but I feel it's important for other parents to know what this school did to my child. My son was enrolled in OLV for grades 3-6. My husband and I both work full time, and were unable to do the volunteering many of the stay at home moms are able to do, however we donated our services to the school whenever we could. The children whose parents are priveledged enough to be able to volunteer are the golden children and are allowed to bully the other kids. My child has a very mild learning disorder, and the school only needed to make a few SMALL changes for him to be successful. The now principal/ former teacher of my son was very persistant about wanting him to be medicated. HE DOES NOT NEED TO BE- we even got him checked by a neurologist at her persistance- the doctor diagnosed him with his learning disability but stated in her report he SHOULD NOT be medicated. His test scores were extremely low, his self confidence had plumeted and his grades were not the best. After our parent teacher conference last year, we were told he was "too special needs for them." This Christian school turned my child away - and that was the best thing to ever happen. We enrolled my son in a new school, and during the past year, I have seen such a positive change in my him. His counselor has never seen test scores and grades skyrocket the way his has. What this school did to my son is inexcusable. I have not been able to attend church in the Valley due to not being able to truly forgive them yet, I have tried so many times, but cannot and I struggle deeply with these feelings. That's how bad it was. They bullied, belittled, and ostricized my son, who has a beautiful soul and the highlight of his day was when he was able to alter serve at mass. They did not care one bit about helping him succeed in life. It breaks my heart every time I think about what the teachers, staff, and students put him through.

Posted April 19, 2015
I am removing my daughter from OLV at the end of the year. The teachers are bullies that are rude and display no respect for the weaker students. They are the Bully!! How sad--no technology and they have been instructed not to even "talk" about video games. It is the 1950's at OLV! Now we parents will all get notes to write great reviews. OLV may be a "Catholic" school but it is NOT a "Christian" school.

Posted December 12, 2014
In my opinion I would think twice about enrolling or keeping my child in this unchristian school. There are a group of kids, whose parents hang out at the school, who are the "loved ones". The Principal and one other teacher are bullies! They are rude, disrespectful and cruel to kids that don't fit in. Our student left that school depressed and suicidal due to the bully--mostly those two teachers. This is my opinion after 3 years of tolerating their hypocrisy and disrespect.

Posted October 26, 2014
If you value your child's self-worth you will not send him to OLV. It is a toxic environment where certain students are singled out for bulling. Our son was spit on, called names and threatened to be "murdered". The teacher's response, "not my problem". OLV is a "big click" and teachers gossip and do not model any of Jesus teachings.

Posted January 01, 2011
(In my personal opinion) I feel as if the teachers there spend more time teaching and a little less time "gossiping"

Our Lady of the Valley Catholic School 5

Posted September 28, 2009
If you want excellent education, children that know respect and true compasion for each other, send your child to OLV

1201 E Bogard Rd, Wasilla, AK  99654
Last modified Our Lady of the Valley Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8