John Shaw Elementary School 3

Posted November 15, 2013
In kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades my children loved going to Shaw. The teachers are amazing, the facility is clean and well maintained and there is always a lot of extra-curricular activities offered. When entering 3rd grade we found that one of the teachers had retired. Instead of hiring another teacher they divided her class in half and put those students in the other 2 classes. Over 30 students were stuffed into classrooms made for 24 students. With such close quarters, student behavior has become a problem and the teachers seem to do less teaching. The learning program they used for math was also changed mid-loop, so when my 3rd graders were supposed to be learning multiplication, they were back to addition and subtraction with the new program. Again, the teachers are amazing but even great teachers can only do so much. My children are now home schooled. I really loved this school, I hope the new principle is better then the last one, who was more interested in earning her next degree then actually being a principle.

John Shaw Elementary School 5

Posted March 19, 2013
The perfect elementary school for my daughter. The class size is small which ensured she was getting attention from teacher. The Principal was amazing!

John Shaw Elementary School 5

Posted April 14, 2010
My children have attended Shaw since it opened 3 years ago. My kids love going to school and have truly enjoyed all the programs and amazing staff. Carl Schleich, Principal is an energetic, positive force felt throughout the school each and every day. Thank you Shaw for giving my kids the confidence and skills to move on to middle school!

John Shaw Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
Shaw is an awesome school, that has a very dedicated staff. My children did well when they attended Shaw.

John Shaw Elementary School
3750 East Paradise Ln, Wasilla, AK  99654
Last modified John Shaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Shaw Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top